Difficult hair extension client! Advice needed please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mcrhair

Reaction score
Around 4 weeks ago I applied micro ring extensions to my client, after the fitting she was over the moon with them, I left her with my after care pamphlet which we had gone through on the consultation aswell as going through before and after the fitting. She has signed the consultation form after consultation aswell as a disclaimer form at the end of fitting.

The issue I face now is that she messaged me the other day to inform me that some of the hair has fallen out which I had explained numerous of times can happen, I as a good will gesture said that I would call over to chat with her face to face to put her mind at ease. As she seemed very worried.
The morning before I was due to go over she messaged me saying that more had fallen out and had taken all her hair out with it, at this point I started to panic a little but didn't let my client know that, i still had an appointment with her to go over later the day with her to speak about it. Her message left me very worried wondering what had gone wrong, I had expected to go over and find patches of missing hair from where the strand had come out. I was a complete mess until the time of the appointment arrived.

When I got there I found that the strands that had fallen out had only one or two strands of her natural hair, I had already explained before fitting, during and after that it's normal to loose a few strands and not to be shocked or scared if she finds some of her natural hair also comes away as this is just the hair that has shed and hasn't been able to fall away as it usually does as it's locked in the micro bead. She said she still wasn't happy that she is worried that more will fall out and she will go bald, I stayed professional at all times and explained that this would not happen. She had two of her friends over with her and they all started to say that yeah it could happen and I should never had applied her with micro rings as her hair could not handle it. I had carried out the appropriate tests during the consultation and now that this is not the case. I explained to them that there is no issues from what I could see with her hair, it was a very intimidating situation, I offered to remove the extensions for free just to get it done with and get out of there, which she seemed happy with, but after the removal she demanded a full refund.
I explained that as there was nothing wrong with the hair or fitting that I couldn't offer her a refund as you can imagine this didn't go down very well, I explained that she had signed the consultation form and disclaimer and before I could carry on she said well it's your word against mine, I don't remember singing anything you could have forged my signature. I was so angry by this point that I just wanted out of there.
I told her that I needed to talk to my insurance company and I would be in touch and left ASAP.
Since then I have been bombarded with texts and calls from her demanding a refund and saying I have ruined her hair. Which I have not her hair is still very thick and healthy.
I don't now what to do next, it has left me very upset and considering calling it at day on doing mobile hair extensions why are people so horrible.
I need some advice as what steps to take next as I have never had his happen before

Sorry for the very long post I'm just feeling completely broken

Around 4 weeks ago I applied micro ring extensions to my client, after the fitting she was over the moon with them, I left her with my after care pamphlet which we had gone through on the consultation aswell as going through before and after the fitting. She has signed the consultation form after consultation aswell as a disclaimer form at the end of fitting.

The issue I face now is that she messaged me the other day to inform me that some of the hair has fallen out which I had explained numerous of times can happen, I as a good will gesture said that I would call over to chat with her face to face to put her mind at ease. As she seemed very worried.
The morning before I was due to go over she messaged me saying that more had fallen out and had taken all her hair out with it, at this point I started to panic a little but didn't let my client know that, i still had an appointment with her to go over later the day with her to speak about it. Her message left me very worried wondering what had gone wrong, I had expected to go over and find patches of missing hair from where the strand had come out. I was a complete mess until the time of the appointment arrived.

When I got there I found that the strands that had fallen out had only one or two strands of her natural hair, I had already explained before fitting, during and after that it's normal to loose a few strands and not to be shocked or scared if she finds some of her natural hair also comes away as this is just the hair that has shed and hasn't been able to fall away as it usually does as it's locked in the micro bead. She said she still wasn't happy that she is worried that more will fall out and she will go bald, I stayed professional at all times and explained that this would not happen. She had two of her friends over with her and they all started to say that yeah it could happen and I should never had applied her with micro rings as her hair could not handle it. I had carried out the appropriate tests during the consultation and now that this is not the case. I explained to them that there is no issues from what I could see with her hair, it was a very intimidating situation, I offered to remove the extensions for free just to get it done with and get out of there, which she seemed happy with, but after the removal she demanded a full refund.
I explained that as there was nothing wrong with the hair or fitting that I couldn't offer her a refund as you can imagine this didn't go down very well, I explained that she had signed the consultation form and disclaimer and before I could carry on she said well it's your word against mine, I don't remember singing anything you could have forged my signature. I was so angry by this point that I just wanted out of there.
I told her that I needed to talk to my insurance company and I would be in touch and left ASAP.
Since then I have been bombarded with texts and calls from her demanding a refund and saying I have ruined her hair. Which I have not her hair is still very thick and healthy.
I don't now what to do next, it has left me very upset and considering calling it at day on doing mobile hair extensions why are people so horrible.
I need some advice as what steps to take next as I have never had his happen before

Sorry for the very long post I'm just feeling completely broken

So sorry you're going through this! She sounds like a chancer! Contact your insurer and see what they say. They will more than likely tell you to stop all dealings with her and ask you to tell her that she can contact your insurance company. if you have all the relevant consultation forms you are fine :)

Did you take any pictures of her hair before and after the fitting and of hair after you removed it?

If so forward these on to your insurance company alone with any documents she sign and the threats she made.

If she contact again give her your insurance details. Do not have any further conversations with her about this.

It sounds to me like she wanted them for a special occasion and now wants the money back as they have served thee purpose!

Thanks I will do that first thing in the morning, I have all the relevant documentation and yes I have photos of her hair before, during fitting and after. I also took photos of her hair before removing the extensions and after they were removed.
I have stopped communication with her after she got very abusive.
She seemed so nice during the consultation and fitting which is why I agreed to go around and talk to her and have a look at what she was concerned about, I wish I hadn't bothered now
Thanks for your advice girls

Thanks I will do that first thing in the morning, I have all the relevant documentation and yes I have photos of her hair before, during fitting and after. I also took photos of her hair before removing the extensions and after they were removed.
I have stopped communication with her after she got very abusive.
She seemed so nice during the consultation and fitting which is why I agreed to go around and talk to her and have a look at what she was concerned about, I wish I hadn't bothered now
Thanks for your advice girls

Too bad people like her don't have to walk around with a warning label attched to their forhead reading "Attention! I'm a total wack job, deal with me at your own risk!" Sorry this happened to you hun.

Where do these people get off?
You've nothing to worry about, block her number, and don't have any more contact with her.
Don't let it get to you x

Latest posts

Back