Dip vs acrylic?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Inktavia

Reaction score
Hi! I have done research online but I’m not really getting a definitive answer.

Is dip powder just acrylic powder?

I had a girl ask if I do dip services (which I don’t because it’s unsanitary), but I mentioned if she doesn’t want any added length like a dip service I could do an acrylic overlay. She admitted she was allergic to the acrylic so she can’t!

How does this work I thought dip and acrylic powder were the same? Is she allergic to the monomer instead of the powder since dip nails seem to not affect her?

Thank you!!

Hi! I have done research online but I’m not really getting a definitive answer.

Is dip powder just acrylic powder?

I had a girl ask if I do dip services (which I don’t because it’s unsanitary), but I mentioned if she doesn’t want any added length like a dip service I could do an acrylic overlay. She admitted she was allergic to the acrylic so she can’t!

How does this work I thought dip and acrylic powder were the same? Is she allergic to the monomer instead of the powder since dip nails seem to not affect her?

Thank you!!

Dip powders are fine milled acrylics. So it might be the monomer... I wonder where she's had her nails done previously...

She might be ok with a HEMA free monomer.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back