Disaster with Perma Gloss over Minx.........

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minxymax

Reaction score
:cry::cry::cry:Hi!!!

It was my first day in the salon today, went really well untill two of the girls that work there had MINX!!! The first one has acrylic nails the almost the length of the entire minx, they stuck on fine, apart form the fact that the sizes werent really big enough so had to add bits to some of the sides (groan) , then i did my usual, used the perma gloss primer and then a coat of perma gloss, set in under the UV lamp... Disaster!! They lifted , and looked absolutely crap!! also cos the nails underneath u were obviously a blit thick and they were french, the white was quite noticeable cos i obviously had to leave a free edge!! The second girl was exactly the same, but in the end cos she kept holding them down through out the day, they eventually stayed in place...
I am absolutely gutted, what was a really good day, i have now come home mortified... Its obviously cos of the perma gloss, but i havent had this problem, when ive used it on toes or natural nails...I am soooo embarrased cos the last thing that i wanted was to let myself down and ive done it big time!!!
If any of you can shed some light into where ive gone wrong and why they have done this....
From a very demotivated geek:cry:

Aw thats awful for you, first days are not the easiest as it is without something going wrong. Im sure once you`ve been there a while you will all laugh about it:hug:
Back to the perma gloss - was it your usual lamp you used to cure it????

yes did it exactly the same, dont understand it?!?x

The title of this thread should have been disaster with perma gloss not disaster with Minx. Minx is not meant to be used with perma gloss or any top coat ... that is the whole point of having a fast veneer service. Keep it simple. i HAVE NEVER USED ANY KIND OF A TOP COAT WITH MINX.

Yes youre right gigi, i was tyring to be clever and it backfired.....

x

Yes youre right gigi, i was tyring to be clever and it backfired.....

x

I wouldn't beat yourself up over it. You've been there, done it and tried it out and it didn't work. So now you know for next time hun.
Think of all the times you have tried to be clever and it hasn't backfired! :hug:
xxx

thanks kylieb.....x

Hey dont frett chiken
I've just used glaze n go over a minx french - dont laugh - cos my mate had 20mins between clients and is a hairdresser so we slapped em on (literally all done in 25mins) with 2 coats over the top & under the lamp!!
They only had to last until Monday cos she was going to a ball and wanted something bling to go with her toes!
I'll let you know what the results are like in the week!!
They'd been on 2 days hardcore hairdressing and were fine!
Update you when I see the damage she's done to them on a rugby night out in Cardiff!!!!
The prognosis is poor!!!
Jayneym xxxx

fingers and toes crossed for you!!!

xxxx

Latest posts

Back