discoloured or infected toe nail? can you help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaynesavage

Reaction score
Hi
one of my clients (I'm still training, so she's really a model) has a strange big toe nail - it looks like it was damaged whilst still in the nail bed, and is growing out - there is some dark red/black marks, which would mean it had been damaged, and the top of the nail is white, but the white is almost all over, it even looks moldy - she has no pain and it actually feels okay - She has always had a colour on her nails, which obviously i have advised her to give them some air! but i don;t know what to do about the nail - so far i haven't touched it - should she see a doctor?
thanks

Sounds like several things going on

Red/ black marks are most likely splinter hemmoraging - blood under the nail plate. Probably she has kicked something months ago, or wears very tight shoes...

The white on the nail plate could be psudo leukonychia - (surface whitening)
this could be from having cheap enamels on, ie, ones with formaldehyde - it is an over dehydration of the nail plate.

You mention getting air to the nail. In honesty this won't/ doesn't help. She is better off to get some moisture in there, such as solar oil. Which penetrates through enamel anyway. She should be using a good quality base coat and enamel.

If you are really in doubt then a doctor is never a bad idea. You don't mention any formal training in your profile. So I'm really not sure how much you know about nails, anatomy, disorders etc...

Hope that hleps.

Latest posts

Back