Discoloured polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hannajadem

CND Education Ambassador
Reaction score
I did a pedicure on a lady who returned 6 weeks later with polish still intact and she was really pleased.
I did another pedicure for her holiday using CND colours and effects as before but a different colour combination (taffy pink and sapphire sparkle).
She phoned this week to say that the polish was only on 2 weeks and it's turned White. She's coming in Saturday to show me but she spoke to the salon owner who told her that it shouldn't discolour, even in the sun so I think the client is expecting a freebie.
I don't think I need to offer her anything ad I've had no complaints even with the exact same colour combo with anyone else, so I'm putting it down to the fact that she's abused the polish on holiday rather than me doing anything differently (because I didn't).
Plus she still wore it for two weeks and the pedi only cost £16.
What should I say to her?

I did a pedicure on a lady who returned 6 weeks later with polish still intact and she was really pleased.
I did another pedicure for her holiday using CND colours and effects as before but a different colour combination (taffy pink and sapphire sparkle).
She phoned this week to say that the polish was only on 2 weeks and it's turned White. She's coming in Saturday to show me but she spoke to the salon owner who told her that it shouldn't discolour, even in the sun so I think the client is expecting a freebie.
I don't think I need to offer her anything ad I've had no complaints even with the exact same colour combo with anyone else, so I'm putting it down to the fact that she's abused the polish on holiday rather than me doing anything differently (because I didn't).
Plus she still wore it for two weeks and the pedi only cost £16.
What should I say to her?

I would say, "Well that's a shame .. I can't imagine what you must have got into for that to happen ... maybe insect repellent or a sunscreen that contains DEET. I'm sure now that you are home your next polish will be perfectly fine as are all the rest of my clients. (Big smile .. no freebies).

Latest posts

Back