Discontinued CND polish problem

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
hmm...2 hours later and my boyfriends nail were not "Knockable" big scrapes in and the black voodoo 3 coats he actually rubbed the whole lot off with hard pressure and his thumb.

These really are the longest drying varnishes i know!

Last edited:
Do you know I thaughht it was me but I has this happen too. I had the same problem with the old CND french pink and some other colours. I found they went on all thin and streaky. When I tried a different range they were fine, I never botherd to contact about it I just assumed I was doing something wrong. I am using a different polish line now and its fine xx

I must admit I did have issues with the drying time when I stocked Creative and remember *some* of the enamels not giving the coverage I would of liked. One of my clients always seemed to be having problems with smudging and chipping then when I changed brands I never had a single complaint from her and she is a weekly client !

The thing is we all like different brands and the products they offer. I have met other therapists that dislike OPI and have all sorts of problems with it which I have never experienced.

I can't remember how many polishs you said you'd tried, was it about 8 ? How many have you got all together ?

Did any of the clients you had problems with have ridged nails ? If I used ridge out underneath I never had a problems with streakyness.

seems really weird I would have maybe thought could be ellisons have sold you really old stock, but it would have to be ancient! because I have some polishes that I have had for nearly 3 years and are still perfect. I also find 2 thin coats of voodoo cover perfectly along with stickey or toughen up base coat, and I use air dry topcoat then solar oil never had a problem.
Will be interesting to see what the problem is xx

The FACT is that NOW CND polishes have now got a completely new 3 FREE formula and dry faster than ever. So whatever troubles some of you may or may not have had before you won't be having them now.

As I say it all seems very strange that one person should have a load of polishes that don't dry! If you ARE having that problem with the OLD stuff then apply a drop of Solar Oil to each nail after polishing and they WILL dry.

As for coverage .. I have never heard anyone complain about this before with CND polishes ... I'm not sure where you bought your polishes (???) but something is very funny with them and it is not typical (obviously).

Quality control at CND is top notch so 'rogue' a polish is not a thing I have ever come across.
As for Voodoo ... it's generally considered th best 'BLACK' in the business like patent leather in two thin coats.

If you bought your polishes from a genuine licensed CND distributor and can prove it, and they all are performing in the weird way you describe, then I'm sure S2 would be delighted to send you some of the new polishes to try and they will take back the old ones. You will not be disappointed. I'm not sure why you haven't contacted them in the first place with this complaint in actual fact.

To be honest, looks to me like the colours have been thinned :(

I agree that it sounds like your polishes may have been tampered with but i don't agree with vodoo being the best black at all.
I love CND i always will and i'm a very faithful customer but i went and bought voodoo from s2 and i really don't like it, it's like it need a lot more than 2 coats to be pure black and not streaky and is very watery, but that's just voodoo, not the rest. the rest i love <3

Good thing the colours in question have all been discontinued and the products totally reformulated then I guess :D

To be honest, looks to me like the colours have been thinned :(

I agree....my CND voodoo black doesn't look like that...here is one i have just done..1 thin coat....and was dry by the time i uploaded the pic...:lol:

Attachments

• Picture 015.jpg
    Picture 015.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 82
Do you know I thaughht it was me but I has this happen too. I had the same problem with the old CND french pink and some other colours. I found they went on all thin and streaky. When I tried a different range they were fine, I never botherd to contact about it I just assumed I was doing something wrong. I am using a different polish line now and its fine xx

The french pink is really bad, looks horrible.
CND cant seem to be able to work out the problem after i contacted them :-(

I agree....my CND voodoo black doesn't look like that...here is one i have just done..1 thin coat....and was dry by the time i uploaded the pic...:lol:

Thats not voodoo is it?

I left the lid off the voodoo for a day and by evening i managed (just) (not perfect) 2 coats of voodoo, it had thickened considerably!! This is a top range i wouldnt be expecting this from. I cant know what colour my clients want before hand so i can take the lid off for a day! its madness, totally not expected of a range of this status.

If some colours are good and some bad....its still not acceptable.

One idea is that i wait a min before spraying solar speed spray, i sprayed within 10 secs of finishing. But, i cant see that helping enough so im scrapping the range when i get the money.

Now the research begins again.

Any suggestions anyone who i should go with? its cost me enough time and money already. :-(

Someone has changed this thread name to "discontinued" ?? who and why? I spoke to CND over email and they didnt say anything about Voodoo being discontinued?

I changed it because these formulations were all discontinued months ago. You're talking about the discontinued formulations so it seemed an apt title?

Yes my pic is CND voodoo and it is 1 thin coat.....looks nothing like your pic.

The title was changed (not by me) because you are actually talking about products that are now discontinued and the new formula enamels are replacing the old ones.

I am sorry that you appear to have so many issues with Creative enamels but you only have to read the threads on here to know that there are many many more people who don't have these problems.

If you are not happy with them then just use another brand. :)

Discontinued and not very good?.....they are going back! Thats if they will take them back.:confused:

Discontinued and not very good?.....they are going back! Thats if they will take them back.:confused:
That's your opinion, and I'm pleased to say that having that opinion is quite a lonely place to be due to the high number of techs who have no issues at all with the discontinued Creative enamels, myself included.

To be fair to her she only has her own experience to go by, and it's patently obvious that the colour shouldn't look like that (as even Sam has pointed out above). It does look like the colour's been thinned & I'm sure that it can't just be because that's the way the old formulations were.

I must be very picky i guess because I want perfect nails and dont want to use 3 coats, have streaking, take hours to dry, have clients disappointed, time loss etc.

Im not here with an "opinion" i am trying to fix a major problem here so i need all the advice and experiences i can get.

I guess cant fix the problem so im moving on to another at a cost.:cry:

x

I just find it very odd that we both have the same brand and colour nail enamel and yet mine looks nothing like yours....and i don't have to use 3 coats, have streaking, take hours to dry, have clients disappointed, time loss etc.....and neither do the thousands of other nail techs who use creative nail enamels.

They didn't decide to discontinue the enamels because they weren't any good.....(they sell hundreds of thousands of bottles of enamel) they did so because like everything you evolve...you improve...you never stop getting better.....thats the great thing about Creative...they never stop working to bring us the most up to date products.

I see nothing else really that needs saying on this matter and hope you get on better with your other chosen brand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back