Discounted a lashes treatment as not happy - opinions, please?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adventuregirl

Reaction score
Hello

Yesterday I had my first client in for SP lashes. I've not done them for about a year as I have been on maternity so they weren't looking good in my opinion.

When I finished them, I said to my client I wasn't 100% happy and said I'd only take £30 as opposed to £45. She said she liked them but I could feel she wasn't delighted with them, iykwim?

Do you think I was right to do this? I thought if I offered her a discount, then she wouldn't think I was charging full whack for lashes which weren't perfect.

She has booked in for her infills and I also do her waxing and nails, which she loves, so I know she is a good customer I don't want to lose.

Feeling stressed and hoping I did the right thing :( xx

Seeing as you have been off on maternity leave I think you were honest and I would of done the same, if you had ignored the fact they weren't great and charged her full she probably would of felt a bit cheated. Like you said she is a loyal client so maybe try get a friend in for a free or a cheap set to practice and get you back up to speed. :)

Was she still for the treatment because if she was twitching it would have been more difficult. I'm thinking if you discounted that was lovely but may say to her that she's wearing substandard lashes.

Perhaps in hind sight I would have charged her full price and assessed at her infills whether to charge for the infill treatment. I'm thinking business v customer care and how to get the right balance.

She would have expected to pay the price then you deffo have her coming back if you say a half price infill but take longer at this appointment to put them right and it gives you time to calm down and think without stressing at the time.

I'm rambling now but hope this gives an alternative option to consider.

Why did you feel like they wernt good enough?

If you are good at lashes and just felt a bit out of touch as you haven't done them for a while, maybe you could have asked her if she minded you just spending another 30mins to get them looking fab....then you wouldn't have needed to reduce the price.

I think by reducing the price you were under-valuing yourself and as said, giving her reason to believe you have given her sub-standard lashes.

I am sure they looked great, us therapists do have a habit of thinking our work isn't perfect, when in actual fact it's great :p xxx

Personally I think you did the right thing. She is a loyal client and by giving her a discount on a set of lashes, that you yourself felt rusty doing, can only go in your favour :)

Now, stop worrying, enjoy your weekend and look forward to brushing up on your lashing skills xx

Aw you are all so lovely. Thank you.

I just felt better being honest. I'm a bit scared now as I need to get my groove back. Think I'll get some people I know in to get my skill back. Didn't think I'd be so rusty! Know we are our own worst critics though! Thanks again xxx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Back