DISGUSTED with Local Beauty Salon..

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LadyNyx

Reaction score
My mum got an £85 treatment voucher off her best friend for her birthday, for a local salon advertised through Groupon. It was for a "half day pamper day" that included Luxury Facial, Full body Massage, Manicure and Fish Pedicure ... Mum was initially wary as all in all on their website these treatments only added up £75, and were all being squeezed into 2 hour time slot ... but decided to go anyway and enjoy herself.

Upon arrival, she explained that she has a huge fear of fish, and would it be possible to just have a pedicure instead. They said yes no problem just charged an extra £20!! even though it is cheaper than the fish pedicure.

Whilst at the salon, the staff were eating in the treatment rooms, the bed of the woman next to her FELL APART WITH THE WOMAN ON IT! And the staff said oh i'm sorry that's second time today. Stuff wasn't properly sanitised, staff were rude and rushed. And an hour after arriving home mum's lovely blue nails have chipped and one has come off completely! The nail polish was rubbish and they didn't even apply a topcoat.

In the "luxury facial" she did not receive any neck or shoulder massage at all and the woman apparently missed out half the steps.

My mum is an NVQ3 qualified Beauty Therapist so she wasn't just nitpicking for money back or anything. She was genuinly disgusted with quality of salon. She asked to speak to manager who said she was 'too busy for customer complaints' and would ring her back later. Rang us back when my mum was at home and I was doing her hair, and was extremely rude to my mum over the phone (we had it on speakerphone) and told her in no uncertain terms that she was just being fussy and that their standards were good enough for most people so they had no reason to listen to her complaint.

I'm just wondering if any of you know how to maybe report this salon? As hygeine is clearly not being taken into consideration at all! We have already complained to groupon, but my mum has declined the money back as it would go into her friends bank account and she doesn't want her friend to think she's wasted her time and money, when she put so much thought into the present.

....Rant over, Just needed to vent to some professionals! Is there anything we can do to make sure action is taken?

Health and safety organisation, can't think what they are called.

I would suggest you pop onto a search engine and type in complaints about beauty salon and see what comes up.

Hmmm...
I'm not in the slightest bit surprised. The amount of money that salons lose doing Groupon is phenomenal, and frankly, if they need to do it to bring in clients they can't be that great to start with.
If you're really concerned about hygiene then environmental health at your local council is a good place to start.
If what you're concerned about really is the cheapskate-ness of the treatments then I'm afraid it's a case of you get what you pay for.
Sorry!

Hmmm...
If what you're concerned about really is the cheapskate-ness of the treatments then I'm afraid it's a case of you get what you pay for.
Sorry!

Agreed, £75 for all those treatments is very cheap to start with. That could easily come to roughly £200. But there was no need for them to be rude.

No it's not the price of the treatments.

Mum was a bit perplexed by the fact that it came to £75 but used the whole £85 voucher and then was charged another £20 for pedicure, when full total bill would only have come to £70 with the pedi instead of fish pedicure....but she was willing to pay it because like you said, it really is cheap anyway and she wanted to enjoy herself.

It's the hygeine and the standard of customer care that was the problem and just wanted to know if it was the council that we would complain about that too. Cheap or not rules and protocals are there for a reason and should be followed! I am very cheap for my hairdressing but I am still hygenic and professional and would never dream of being rude to customers, using my phone, using a bed that had already collasped or eating my dinner while in a treatment room with clients!

I looked at one at one of these for me and my sister, £200 worth of treatment's for £40 and was basically half a day and I thought no way, they will cut it down or rush though it. Too good too be true came to mind.

They properly have to use Groupon in the first place because they need to drum up business,,,,,,, if client's get this treatment when they go then the salon and it's reputation (what's left of it) won't last long.

I she said that most people are happy with there standards they the manager obviously know's there is a problem and can't be bother to deal with it. I broken couch and she won't spend money to replace it the salon won't last.

They want to be careful they don't get sued for the couch collapsing.

When I was at college one of the couches buckled whilst a client was having a facial, she hurt her back and sued the college for a LOT of money.

Contact groupon if they get a few complaints from one deal they will give a refund and will stop future offers with the salon

Sent from my GT-I9000 using SalonGeek

I've heard too many stories like this and witnessed it I. The place I used to do eyelashes from. I'd never book any of these deals.

Latest posts

Back