Dissolving nail foils

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nelly79

Reaction score
:Scared: please please help new to this site so don't attack me , having problems with my embossing foil over just gel IBD. When I apply a top coat the foil shrinks and dissolves , what am I doing wrong please ?
Thanks in advance xxx

Hi are you applying to sticky layer and is it just one foil or all of them and where did you get the foil from and do you have a pic, sorry lots of questions last one are you using all the same system and is it before it goes in the lamp or when it comes out ?

Steph x

Hey Steph , thanks for replying . I've tried on the sticky layer and also have tried with foil adhesive . Goes on better with foil adhesive but as soon as I apply top coat it seems to shrink , lose a bit of colour and almost dissolve . Using ibd just gel through out application .apart from when using foil glue . Foils where just cheap ones brought off e bay would this make a difference ?

I have had a couple do that but I use shellac and some of the dark colours work well without glue but others you need glue. I use a thin layer of glue and then put it in the lamp for 2mins ( not that the lamp makes any difference I don't think) it tends to give the glue chance to dry a bit. It may be just the foil is no good do you have any others ? If you buy of ebay try seller jennysellsfoils hers are good quality x

Thank you so much that's really helpful will try hers x x:hug:

Latest posts

Back