Dita Von Teese's nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shel

Reaction score
Hi geeks

I love dita von teese and want to recreate her nails using shellac. (See pic below)

I've tried using stickers to paint half moon but it just looks unprofessional.

Any hints or ideas but be fantastic.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1397064135.934346.jpg

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1397064957.563563.jpg

These were my recreation a couple of months ago. I used Negligee as a base then Tinted Love as the main colour. I found doing them freehand loads easier.

Just paint a V, then round it off - a lot easier than trying to curve it straight off! If you do a V first, you also get it symmetrical I find.

Have fun! xx

Thank you I will have to try I'm not the best at freehand but never tried doing a v first x

Do it as best you can then clean up with a little IPA and a gel brush :) beautiful looking nails !

I tried it free hand not as good but ok for first attempts although moon to big xxImageUploadedBySalonGeek1397071451.283157.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1397071512.183240.jpg

I love the reverse French, I had a little go myself on my wheel but can't wait to to have a go on a proper set if nails, and hopefully they'll be better :rolleyes:

Sent from my GT-P3110 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1397086390495.jpg
    1397086390495.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 481
I love the reverse French, I had a little go myself on my wheel but can't wait to to have a go on a proper set if nails, and hopefully they'll be better :rolleyes:

Sent from my GT-P3110 using SalonGeek mobile app

Unfortunately it's easier to do on a nail pop that a real person, at least that's what I found. Love your colour combos

Do you paint the base colour first and then the 'v' on top? Xx

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I do half moon mani's all the time with bio and a good brush, just practice! It is way easier with a brush other than the bottle type ones

I love the vintage half moons look. I do it with CND Shellac, I ask the client to choose a sheer base colour first then, apply and cure, then apply 2 coats of the contrasting colour (for more depth, curing between each layer), leaving a half moon shape and tidying it up with IPA. ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1397117636.008915.jpg

Hi ladies,
I have a question if you could help.. What do you find best to do if a client wants the half moon in glitter?

Hi ladies,
I have a question if you could help.. What do you find best to do if a client wants the half moon in glitter?

You could maybe do a sheer colour then the colour over the top (so the half moon is sheer and the shape is there) then brush the glitter over the shape of the half moon that's already there, does that make sense?xx

Hi ladies,

Tinsel toast as the bottom layer then a darker colour on top would give you a golden glitter half moon.

Latest posts

Back