ditch the 0870 numbers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailsbydesign

Gadget Geek
Reaction score
I have been on a website today that gives out alternative phone numbers that people can use instead of calling numbers like 0870 etc, which cost a fortune. It is SAYNOTO0870.COM - Non-Geographical Alternative Telephone Numbers

This is a good site for anyone who like me gets free calls included in their phone package either land line or mobile as you still have to pay for 0870 etc numbers but the aternative numbers on this site are normal landline numbers. I have managed to find quite a few alternative numbers so I now dont need to use the higher rated numbers. I for one am quite pleased at this as it definitely keeps the phone bill down....why not give it a go next time you have to call any high rate number, you could save yourself quite a bit.:)

Ooh they were on about this on The Wright Stuff last week, it's a really good idea because most people have no idea how much they're being ripped off. It all helps doesn't it.

I have been on a website today that gives out alternative phone numbers that people can use instead of calling numbers like 0870 etc, which cost a fortune. It is SAYNOTO0870.COM - Non-Geographical Alternative Telephone Numbers

This is a good site for anyone who like me gets free calls included in their phone package either land line or mobile as you still have to pay for 0870 etc numbers but the aternative numbers on this site are normal landline numbers. I have managed to find quite a few alternative numbers so I now dont need to use the higher rated numbers. I for one am quite pleased at this as it definitely keeps the phone bill down....why not give it a go next time you have to call any high rate number, you could save yourself quite a bit.:)

Thanks I can see I will use this a lot.

I have to say all these numbers really bug me. I'd much rather they were a normal number (because I have inclusive calls for the day time so i don't get these free) and when it was connected that I spoke to a person and didn't have to go through a silly options menu. Even my doctor's surgery has a silly 08... number and a blasted set of options to go through.

And those options drive me doolally. The number of times I've pressed the first option, then listened to another set of options, and another and another. By the time you get through to a real person you can't remember what the heck you have called for! :irked:

Not sure how other companies work, but I know Sky (BSkyB) use the money from calls to run the 6 call centers they have in Scotland. From wages to heating, you are providing for their service. Having worked for them I know the frustrations people have with using these call centers at the best of times, let alone having to pay for the privilage as well.

Not sure how other companies work, but I know Sky (BSkyB) use the money from calls to run the 6 call centers they have in Scotland. From wages to heating, you are providing for their service. Having worked for them I know the frustrations people have with using these call centers at the best of times, let alone having to pay for the privilage as well.

I HATE SKY. I was on hold for ages and when I did get through (to upgrade my package so I could watch 'Crash' at 8pm on the movie channel) the stupid girl put me on the Sky Sports package.... so it gets nearer 8pm and I'm getting annoyed.. . so I call back (again on hold) and a bloke told me that my upgrade HAS happened..... to which I tell him I am not getting any movies. 'No madam, you requested Sports and you can't change your contract for a month' ..... I went ballistic - I wanted Movies and the Disney Channel!!!

I got it in the end... but ffs.. how much did it cost me ringing them up, plus Sky are rip off merchants anyway (£170 a month for Sky business package for your salon ladies)...

I am sick of people making money on telephone calls aswell as their products. We're being robbed blind down the phone lines!

Great Thread..!

what an excellent site..................
yep i'm on it like a shot, and have already changed the numbers that i have starting with 0870, 0845. yes my landline and mobile doesnt allow these pre-fix numbers to be called within the bundle

hooraay, hooraay.........................:lol: :)
i'm sooooooooo chuffed

what an excellent site..................
yep i'm on it like a shot, and have already changed the numbers that i have starting with 0870, 0845. yes my landline and mobile doesnt allow these pre-fix numbers to be called within the bundle

hooraay, hooraay.........................:lol: :)
i'm sooooooooo chuffed

ditto, these numbers wind me up sooo much. Big thanks.:hug:

I have to say all these numbers really bug me. I'd much rather they were a normal number (because I have inclusive calls for the day time so i don't get these free) and when it was connected that I spoke to a person and didn't have to go through a silly options menu. Even my doctor's surgery has a silly 08... number and a blasted set of options to go through.

And those options drive me doolally. The number of times I've pressed the first option, then listened to another set of options, and another and another. By the time you get through to a real person you can't remember what the heck you have called for! :irked:

LOL Sass,or you get told the office is closed or busy please ring at such and such a time.:irked:

LOL Sass,or you get told the office is closed or busy please ring at such and such a time.:irked:
Yea,the other day I was waiting for a really long time to be told the line was very busy please call at another time,really p***** off:irked: Why couldnt it tell me at the begining beofre i waisted all that money?

Thank you for that site Marilyn xx

Latest posts

Back