do any makeup products contain cobalt?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lil Linz

Reaction score
Hi, im doing the makeup & nails of a bride in july, with a consultation in may. When i spoke to her on the phone she told me she was allergic to cobalt, and could i find out what products would be safe to use on her. I have done some research online, but i couldnt find much info on it. Ive checked some of my makeup products which list the ingredients, but others that came in packaging (which i foolishly threw away so i cud fit everything in my case) so i am not sure what they contain.
does anyone know if any cosmetics contain cobalt, or what products would be safe on her skin?

You will have to check each individual item you are planning to use, but also be aware that your tools may contain cobalt. See the link below.
You may want to use disposable tools on this customer, I know Sally's sell them, they've plastic handles.

Cobalt contact allergy. DermNet NZ

thanks for the link. i was wondering about my tools aswell, but i do have some disposible items too.
i think ill only be using the makeup that i have been able to check, or maybe go to boots n check the others on the packaging there.
thanks again
linz x

I too am allergic to cobalt, nickel aswell after having a skin test done at the hospital, luckily so far Ive never gotten a reaction from any makeup, I do remember the doc telling me the cobalt is sometimes used for the blue in colours (makeup) as I had no idea, as for checking the lables when I buy makeup I dont, i suppose i should tho! I would just check the list of ingredients of each make up item intended to use on your allergic client, as when i had the reaction for me it was quite severe.

Latest posts

Back