do any mobile therapists go to mens houses ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tinkywinky

Reaction score
I have been asked to do a man's back waxing, however I am a little nervous to call and book in an appointment until I get some of your advice.

My question is would you go, or get him to come to your home instead?

And what would you do to ensure you are safe? I don't like to ask him if there will be anyone else in the house when I get there.

Don't know why I am worried just feel a bit uncomfortable.

I'm sure there is nothing to worry about but just want to feel safe that's all.

Many thanks xxx

I have been asked to do a man's back waxing, however I am a little nervous to call and book in an appointment until I get some of your advice.

And what would you do to ensure you are safe? I don't like to ask him if there will be anyone else in the house when I get there.

Many thanks xxx
I wouldn't do any treatments on a man mobile,you dont know who he is or if hes a good guy:green:

On my price lists I say sorry no male clients,thats not because I dont want to do them or that I dont like males its simply a matter of security.

I will do men if its a husband or friend etc of a regular client but no way would I put myself at risk,he could tell you somone would be there with him,but lets face it hun,if he were jack the Ripper copycat or similar he wont exactly tell you will he?

Be safe hun and dont risk it.xx:hug:

I'm afraid despite us woman wanting equal rights and its aceptable for men to get treatments done - I would not go to a mans house full stop. But I think if the client is genuine - then taking someone with you is the only way round it.

I have always refused to do mens massage (when I worked in a salon)(some have no probs) but I think persoanlly its putting you in an unesassary vunerable situation. However waxing is a bit different I guess.

I wont even do a treatment for a woman if the husband wants a surprise for his wife - I spoil the surprise by wanting to speak to the wife first...its just the way I am.

If you dont feel comfortable then dont do it - but tbh some male clients are better customers than women but I think it all needs to be done in a salon where there is plenty of people about.

A little unfair to the genuine client but if he wants the treatment doing then I am sure he would be happy for you to take someone with you.

Your safety is the most important factor here. Im sure he will understand whatever your decision.

Good luck.x

I would always say trust your instincts....if you feel uncomfortable then do not do it.

If you feel happier asking him to come to you then you could do this instead, that way he ges his treatment and you feel safe while doing it.

I wouldn't do any treatments on a man mobile,you dont know who he is or if hes a good guy:green:

On my price lists I say sorry no male clients,thats not because I dont want to do them or that I dont like males its simply a matter of security.

I will do men if its a husband or friend etc of a regular client but no way would I put myself at risk,he could tell you somone would be there with him,but lets face it hun,if he were jack the Ripper copycat or similar he wont exactly tell you will he?

Be safe hun and dont risk it.xx:hug:

Same here (sorry guys!) Its nothing against men, but as I work from home, and am here on my own, I dont do male clients...unless like you say its a hubby of a regular etc, and they would have to be their too. You cant be too careful nowadays.:hug:

I do but they are all past 60 so I don't have much to worry about.

Thanks think I will ask him to come here. I am too scared to go to his house alone. I just have this fear that someone may lock the door behind me and I wouldn't be able to get out. How strange!!

If you're going to ask him to come to you then make sure there's someone else around. It can just as easily turn dodgy in your home as in someone else's. I don't say this to make you feel uneasy but just to make you aware. Better safe than sorry.

Thanks think I will ask him to come here. I am too scared to go to his house alone. I just have this fear that someone may lock the door behind me and I wouldn't be able to get out. How strange!!
You have every reason to worry hun,it's just not worth risking it.I have absolutely No problem with doing males in the salon,indeed they need their massages and other treatments just as much as the next client,but even then only if my boss is in the salon at the same time as me..Unless it's one of our regulars and tbh I have been doing them for 4 years now so I feel perfectly safe on my own with them.It's me they worry about lol when I get that elbow into their glutes:lol:

You have every reason to worry hun,it's just not worth risking it.I have absolutely No problem with doing males in the salon,indeed they need their massages and other treatments just as much as the next client,but even then only if my boss is in the salon at the same time as me..Unless it's one of our regulars and tbh I have been doing them for 4 years now so I feel perfectly safe on my own with them.It's me they worry about lol when I get that elbow into their glutes:lol:

Yup, I know what you mean, they're more scared of me than I am of them!!:)

Many thanks xxx
HI YA .. i would get him to come to my home n i would make sure there was some 1 else in the home when he is there xxx emily xx

I agree 100% with everyone else here. As a mobile therapist I have said that I will not treat men unless I personally know them and there wife/gf will be there.

Safety has to come first.:hug:

Thanks all. Rang him and he is coming here when hubby is here too. I was spluttering on the phone trying not to sound sexist and trying to say something about my code of ethics - and me being safe. Must have sounded like a right mumbling twit!

hope it goes well tink xx

Many thanks xxx

Hi,
as a rule, I will only do men if they are accompanied by a wife or girlfriend that is also having a treatment, and, I like to speak to that wife or girlfriend before I book the appointment!
You can't be too careful these days, I have been mobile now for 2 and a half years, and I've had a few weirdo phone calls in that time!!
It is an occupational hazzard I find, but, obvioulsy if you advertise your number in local press etc, it can't be helped!!

Michelle :)

Latest posts

Back