Do any techs offer childrens pamper parties?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AWilde

Reaction score
Well because i start one thing im akways excvitred to get on to the next thing and my marketing manager suggested maybe as i am CRB cleared as i am a sunday school teacher perhaps i would like to start children pamper parties.

Now i am quite interested in this but i have no idea where to start or how to price everythng =[ any help would be massive thanks

Hi hun i offer nail and glitter tattoo parties and they're full on but great fun with a great return. Youre welcome to have a look at my website www.thenailbeautique.co.uk/kidsparties and there is a gallery on one of my other pages too.

If you do a search there's also some great threads on princess parties too.

Hth x x x

Cheers hun, your gallery is so cute loads of fun =]

i havent run pamper parties myself but helped out with crafts when my sister used to run them (im crb checked too)
as the other poster mentioned they can bring a good return and are fun .. to a point, lol
unfortunately my sister found them way too stressful and really hard work, and did her last one on sunday.
she couldnt cope with the packing, unpacking, checking all stuff she needed was in kit, double checking, then panicking when hello kitty tattoos stopped being produced etc etc
id say if you are super super organised, and dont let anything phase you go for it - tbh my sister is bit of a stress head, but i must admit i didnt envy her having to re-do the girls nails when they smudged them for 2nd time or threw a wobbler when they didnt like any of the glitter tats etc
having said that they were really popular think she pretty much had 1 booking a week and up to 3 during the holidays - try and theme them if you can, the following were really popular : hello kitty, funky chick (glitter tats, funky nails and hairbraids) and she also did a cath kidston themed manicure for the older girls age 12+ which was popular .. surprisingly disney princess wasnt popular at all and she stopped offering them altogether!
good luck if you decide to go ahead .. but take a deep breath before you enter those little divas houses with the unsuspecting balloons on the door lol
ps. one thing that the birthday girls loved was being involved in their own party .. whilst she was unpacking she used to get the girls to decorate name labels with themed stickers and write their friends names on them, then theyd stick them on the guests as they arrived. she also got the bday girl to run a lucky dip at the very end with a bobby pin attached to cpl business cards as prizes, she never mentioned this to the mums when they booked so nice little surprise .. and free advertising ;)

Last edited:
you need a seperate crb for every job. it is not a one covers all. an enhanced crb will set you bk about 50 pounds and will need repeating every few years. xxx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Yea i have an enhanced crb as i'm a qualified teacher, and i also currently an assistant manager in the store i work in at the moment. Yea i think i am going to go ahead with the parties deciding on one for girls and i would like to offer one for boys too but not be doing nails and make up but perhaps face painting. Need to think carefully and make sure i know what im doing first. Thanks for your comments

you dont need any type of crb when doing kids parties if you're not going to be left alone with kids, which clearly you're not!!
i got legal advise as something i worried about and was told to state clearly in my t&c's there must be an adult present at all times
lots of party providers mention their CRB's to put parents minds at ease, but its not a legal requirement :)
i have been doing kids pamper parties for 2 yrs now and have never been asked if i have a CRB, i have to turn bookings away so obviously not that off putting that i dont, i have however been asked to see my insurance cert so ensure you bring that along, and put together some sort of consent form for parents of under 16's to sign to protect yourself
also check with your insurers that you can use gltter tattoos, think you need a makeup qualification, nail qualifications wont be enough

Last edited:
I have a requirement in my terms and conditions that 2 adults are to be present throughout and that client consults must be completed and signed for each child by the parent. xxx

Im so glad I found this thread all the advice is so helpfull!! :)

Just check with the face painting too as you will probably find that separate liability insurance will be required (I do face painting as my other job). Good luck with it :)

Hi Geeks

Thanks for all your advice of pamper parties of under 16's. Is there anything apart from qualifications, insurance and patience I will need!! just want to make sure all bases are covered!

Thank you

Hi guys,

I have been trying to get into childrens nail parties too but struggling to know where to advertise.

Where do you guys advertise?

x

Hi, just check your insurance covers you, mine is with professional beauty and they would not cover me for parties for under 14 year olds! Yours might be different but worth a check :)

Where do you stand with patch testing and children's parties. For instance what happens if a child takes a reaction to say the glue in the tattoo or whatever?

Has anyone been able to get crb checked when self employed ( don't think you can do it ). Only when your employed by a company xx

Scottish disclosure do it self employed. I had to get 1 for a job last year

Sent from my GT-P3110 using SalonGeek

I been thinking bout doing for a bit now and I so happy I found this the info been big help xxx

So if I was to start offering pamper parties with my sister (her doing hair - like curling etc) an me painting nails what other treatments could we offer? X

Really glad I found this thread as I've been thinking of doing nail parties and was wondering if I'd need a CRB check so its great to know its not a legal requirement, will definitely be putting in my terms and conditions that 2 parents/adults should be present though :)

Very interesting thread looking into it as don't think anywhere in my area does it.

Latest posts

Back