Do I cancel?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ugg73

Reaction score
I've got a cold. I'm not feeling ill so think I could do the facials well - should I contact the client and let them know so they have the opportunity to cancel? or should I just steam and go for it?

Depends how bad u are if u can dose urself up keep water and some strepsils with u and tissues. At work if I'm really bad I call the client and say I'm happy to do treatment as long as they are.some people can get very funny if u even cough a little. She might not care and just want her facial always worth asking x

I would let the client know that you have a cold, but state that you could wear a mask whilst doing her facial. I think she might appreciate that.

I always give my client a choice when I am full of cold, most cancel facials as it's not pleasant having someone sniffing over you :cry:

Thanks ladies - I've just sent a message to her. Unfortunately, I don't have any faces masks and the wholesaler is miles away and I don't fancy driving there! lol I will defo get some for future.

As you say, I wouldn't be too bothered if it was a spray tans but spending an hour over someones face is more of an issue. :cry:

Client has contacted me and was really happy that I've given her the option the cancel. She has cancelled but booked in for next week.

Thanks ladies - always great advice on here!!:green:

Honesty definitely pays in this industry!!!hope u feel better just got over my cold x

My clients always appreciate being given the option. I once went for a facial and the therapist was wiping her nose, sniffing and coughing all over me and I was horrible. I never went back!

I think it's important to let people know so that they can make their own choices whether to go ahead with the treatment or not. Although you may know that they are not suffering from a reduced immune system because you have completed a record card for them, but you don't know if they are living with someone that needs to be more careful.
As a client, I would always appreciate a call so that I can decide for myself if I want to risk it.

Client has contacted me and was really happy that I've given her the option the cancel. She has cancelled but booked in for next week.

Thanks ladies - always great advice on here!!:green:
Good move from client and I also would have appreciated being given the option.

Even masks (unless seriously heavy duty surgical masks), are not going to keep a full barrier between therapist and client for transmission of viruses, so good move.

I too would like to be given the option.

When I get a cold it's the weirdest thing. It comes on very suddenly and I'm sneezing and dripping for exactly 3 hours extremely badly, then it suddenly stops like a switch being turned off.

I had a client when it started once and i pretended it was an allergy, I think she believed me :eek:

Some people have sinus problems, which means catching a cold for them is not funny, and would definitely want to know if you have cold, so they have the option to cancel.

Latest posts

Back