Do I have a leg to stand on??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Enhance-u

Reaction score
Advise please. I was booked in to do a ladies hair extensions a few weeks back (when everywhere had problems because of the snow) but I am mobile and couldn't get to her because of station closures etc, so we booked for a few days later...the snow STILL hadn't cleared up so I still couldn't get over to her-this was all totally out of my hands! Now the snow has cleared and she hasn't replied to my texts or returned my call:rolleyes:

The annoying thing is before I prepared the hair (into I tips) I said to her once I prepare the hair I cannot return it therefore she needs to promise me (I should not be so trusting!) she will have it done at some point...as when she booked for first appointment everywhere was at a stand still, so we were both aware that I may not be able to get over to her until the weather warnings had stopped. She gave me her word.

So now I am stuck with this hair (unual colour) and £100 out pocket as I paid for hair! Should I ask her for some money? But I feel I dont have a leg to stand on...she just won't reply even if I do ask :irked:

Can anyone let me know their thoughts
Thank you

You should ALWAYS take the cost of the hair as a deposit. Hopefully she will reschedule but if not, it is a lesson learned.

Yes and an expensive one at that!:rolleyes: Will be taking that deposit, in future no exceptions....!

Soz, not hair geek, could you not invoice her for the hair? It's woth a shot I would of thought ? x

You should ALWAYS take the cost of the hair as a deposit
Trouble is, as this appointment has been cancelled twice (for whatever reason) I think the customer would have been within her rights to ask for the deposit back?

Hi , if you are mobile and the hair was only £100 you could ask them to purchase their own hair from the company...as you must have paid for the postage as well ;)
Then perhaps you could just charge them for fitting , cutting and for any bonding materials you may provide

This is what I usually end up doing with most people nowadays
as people tend to mess about and change their minds if something crops up (money wise) they will usually just spend away their fitting money ,

I had one lady who was always humming and haaing and moaning about how skint she was,
she wanted extensions and said to me "Hmm when you order and pay for my £200 hair .... (an unusual colour also) I hope you dont mind but.... I wont be able to pay you back till the end of the month because I am skint at the moment and I have to pay the rent and money I owe out etc and I don't get paid till then " :eek:

I just replied oh yes that's ok dont worry I will place your order for you nearer the end of the month , and I will give them your name and phone number and when the hair is ready they contact you directly for you to make payment by credit card
her face was a picture lol :lol:

Hopefully your lady may very well return around her Birthday or Valentines day so you could look up her record card info and remind her about any hair extension offers you have again around about this time , :)
better than being stuck with the hair I suppose

Ps also if you tell them to buy the hair themselves , they usually always come back at some point to make sure they get it fitted ,

Trouble is, as this appointment has been cancelled twice (for whatever reason) I think the customer would have been within her rights to ask for the deposit back?

I thought if it was no fault of your own ie weather or something similar that appointments had to be canceled then it did not apply. I mean like when insurance companys state that if natural disaster happens can not pay out.

Surely enhance can not control the weather therefore it was no fault of her own for appointment being canceled, the descision was taken out of her hands was it not?

Trouble is I don't think the recent snow can be classed as a 'Natural Disaster'. Enhance-U made her own decision not to travel in the snow, to cancel two appointments and then didn't re-book the third.

If I was her customer I would have gone somewhere else by now and if I had paid a deposit, I would be demanding it back!

Sorry to sound harsh, I'm just expressing my opinion:)

jes

Latest posts

Back