Do I start up at home?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heather78

Reaction score
I currently rent two different rooms in two therapy centres. One is in the next town a few miles away & one is a 5 min walk from my house. I cant think about giving up the one in the next town as I do really well there its a very estabilished well run centre and although some of the clients may come to me at home a lot I know wont as it would be a bit far.

But the one thats on my doorstep I started working in early this year and its where I see clients who I used to go to mobile so clients I've known a long time. When I started there I was under the impression it was going to expand & eventually become a large centre with more rooms used as therapy rooms (only one is used at the mo) however I can't see that happening. All the other rooms are used as lodging rooms now and the Front door is permantly locked so potential new clients have to ring door bell & if the owner isn't around and were busy with clients (the room is used by a different therapist every day) then they have to walk away unseen to! So basically picking up any new clients is going to be near impossible.

So do I knock it on the head there & get those clients to come to me? Couple of issues I have is it would have to be my 3rd bedroom upstairs (quite steep stairs) and to get to our staircase you have to walk through our lounge & dining room. The other thing is that my husband & I are now starting IVF so it may not be the best timing however I do find sometimes being in two different centres a bit stressful - 2 sets of pricelists,stock etc & keeping in contact to make sure were all up to date with bookings etc!

So do I stick with it at the centre which is actually now more like room in someones house! or do I make the move & use my room upstairs which will obviously save me money!

Your thoughts would be greatly apreciated!! :lol:

I think its a no brainer really hunny. Xx

I think its a no brainer really hunny. Xx

Mmm thats my thoughts to but my worry is clients will think it un-professional walking through my house (although its always spotless!) & also stairs a bit steep but we do have a banister!!

I work from home and apart from having to keep it clean and tidy which I do anyway, my clients love it.

I say go for it! What have you got to lose? Xx

Ooohh feel excited. Just spoke to my hubby and he's agreed!!! Just wandering now if my insurance covers me? Will give them a call. Thanks for your replies, any more advice would be gratefully recieved!!! X x

No problem Heather! Just be sure to let us all know how it goes :)

Good luck! xx

Think of the money you will save working from home  1 pricelist, 1 lot of stock. Extra lie in's when you don't have a client first thing. Good luck hun xx

Think of the money you will save working from home  1 pricelist, 1 lot of stock. Extra lie in's when you don't have a client first thing. Good luck hun xx

Hadn't thought of it like that - extra lay ins :) with the treatment anything that makes life easier has got to be a good thing. Just have to tell the lady i rent the room off now :-/ Starting to wish I could give the other room up but I'm too busy there to do that at the moment. One step at a time i think xx

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back