Do I take on spray tanning or will it turn my beauty room orange?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waxymumma

Reaction score
I am currently researching spray tans as thinking of taking one on to add to my beauty treatments.
I am looking at Novotan ( click and tan system ) sienna x and sunless tanning sol .
Any feedback on these would b appreciated, but one of my main concerns is whether my newly painted beauty room will be stained orange from the overspray and whether the room will be smelly from tan to then do other treatments in there?
How do u therapists get around this? Are some systems messier than others?
Thanks!

I'm interested in this too! X

If spraying in tent there is very little (if any ) overspill....I have not noticed any in my very pale cream room....also not much smell etc
I spray in my beauty room then collapse tent after and have no problem xx

I use Sienna and find their customer service fab. Very helpful. Clients love the colour and smell. You can always get an extractor fan too! As I'm thinking about this.

I also use Sienna too, fab training and great customer service. They do pride themselves on the fact their machines give little overspray but ive not used any other machine so cant compare. I do mobile and use a pop up tent and not had any issues with overspray ... yet haha :lol: x

Thanks for input so far . Sounds from u guys it shouldn't b a problem ?!
Anyone else ?
Particularly ppl using Novotan?
Xx

I used nouvatan and have just bought an extractor fan as if you're doing spray tans in the same room (even in a tent) over time you will notice a slight change in colour to your whiter furniture! I wouldn't be without my extractor fan now!

I love sienna and used them for 3 1/2 years. I have not found anything as near as good and as natural xx

I find different solutions have different overspray amounts (I use Black Magic and Moroccan Tan) and I can definitely notice the difference in residual smell too depending on which one i've used. Do trial the ones you like and see if you find a difference. Your machine can make a difference too. I bought a new gun and no matter how fine I make the spray it looks like a cloud of tan and even though my (regular) client commented on how great the final result was I'm not using that gun any more. I've not yet got myself an extractor fan I'm now wanting one as i've moved my tanning booth into my beauty room rather than doing it in my bathroom. I think it's the safest option but you shouldn't worry about your fresh paint job just yet. Mx

I use Nouvatan and love it. I've tried lots of others and it's the most natural colour, fade off is brilliant and so is customer service. I used to tan in my room in a tent and over time as someone else said there would be an orange tinge to everything. I now tan in a wetroom but have an extractor and wouldn't be without it. I have the TS50 machine which isn't made anymore but if I was buying now I'd buy the click one as I think it's robust and can cope with tan after tan.

I'm using a clear spraytan solution at the moment but before when I used one with colour guide I think it's about using an extractor aswell as a good product, I've attached a picture of my room which I've been spray tanning in for 18months, it's got cream blinds behind the booth and cream walls. I do about 60+ spraytans a month. X

I Forgot to add pic, dopey woman lol ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1394623970.789739.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1394623985.350665.jpg
sun is in the way in the second one ill see if I can find a better picture, but you can see the wall is ok x

I know exactly how you are feeling as i too had the same thoughts when i was thinking about spray tanning. I run a beauty room from home and started with Sienna X ( amongst other brands) but I then came across Exposed spray tan. Exposed is much thicker than the other tans (thickest on the market i believe) and that is GREAT for people like me who don't want my room to get all messy and for girls that go mobile as there is no over spray at all, it drops straight to the floor, and it has no smell at all! I contacted them for a sample about a year ago, and that was it, i was converted! i sold my extractor fan on ebay and all of my clients LOVE getting Exposed! Their number is 01202 874904 - hope that helps!

I definitely would recommend getting an extractor. I have been tanning for 3 years in my room now and it has now turned from magnolia to slightly brown lol. I have to repaint window sills and skirting boards every 6 months...so I need to get an extractor too ;) xx

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Our Kits and Sienna s are identical. we both sell only the STC original british patented cubicle and the same Machines.
Many other companies offer kits that are cheaper but its the tent that matters. the STC cubicle is far better quality it is waterproofed and fire proofed.
We use around 40ml per body for a full tan. that is only 8 tea spoons per client
You get very little over spray from our systems. and the new click and tan is brilliant. by far the best machine i have ever used.
Over spray is all down to gun settings and how close you are to the client, we train you to have the gun only a hands length away from the body. Hence less overspray.
And on a lighter note on your question will it turn my room orange ? it wont do

WE DONT DO ORANGE !!!! :biggrin::biggrin:

I do notice a build up after time in my 'white' room but it's not too much of a problem to clear up. After reading this I need to really perfect my tanning technique or invest in an extractor unit. I use nouvatan and both me and my clients LOVE it.x

Sounds like I need a new tent (I did buy a cheap one)
I use nouvatan and have done for almost 3 years but I definitely do have a brown tinge settled in my room (using hvlp5008).
I use approx 45/50ml per tan..... so new tent and extractor for me I reckon ;) xx
Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back