Do profiles influence the advice you give?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do profiles influence your answers in topics?

• If it's not filled in I dont answer, period.

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • I ask first and wait to see what training they have?

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • I answer regardless

Votes: 11 25.6%
  • Who cares!!

Votes: 2 4.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
u know what really infuriates me, when someone signs up and posts a thread asking for answers to their homework!!! :eek:

sorry, going off on a tangent there,. lol.

:lol: I know what you mean. Tangent or not :lol:

x

I'm waiting to start my course and up until recently my profile was a bit sparce. I answered on a similar thread to this ('Profiles-fill them in'? or similar) and explained why it was sparce, i.e. haven't started course yet ,don't really know what I'm on about. I had a reply along the lines of 'put that on your profile', so I did:).
I now understand everyone's concerns about giving advice to untrained people, but I would like to make everyone aware that I didn't intend on offending anyone regarding this, I didn't think it was a big deal before as I NEVER come on here posting threads asking how to 'do nails', I have never attempted to 'do nails' (mine or anyone else's) before in my life, as it's something I know little about, I just like coming on here for the chit chat, and to read the polls etc.
I understand that on a sparce profile, ppl will jump to the conclusion that person is untrained, tbh so would I. But, like I say, because I never came on here asking for advice on how to 'do nails', I didn't really think it was a problem if ppl thought I was untrained.
Sorry if I've upset anyone.

I'm waiting to start my course and up until recently my profile was a bit sparce. I answered on a similar thread to this ('Profiles-fill them in'? or similar) and explained why it was sparce, i.e. haven't started course yet ,don't really know what I'm on about. I had a reply along the lines of 'put that on your profile', so I did:).
I now understand everyone's concerns about giving advice to untrained people, but I would like to make everyone aware that I didn't intend on offending anyone regarding this, I didn't think it was a big deal before as I NEVER come on here posting threads asking how to 'do nails', I have never attempted to 'do nails' (mine or anyone else's) before in my life, as it's something I know little about, I just like coming on here for the chit chat, and to read the polls etc.
I understand that on a sparce profile, ppl will jump to the conclusion that person is untrained, tbh so would I. But, like I say, because I never came on here asking for advice on how to 'do nails', I didn't really think it was a problem if ppl thought I was untrained.
Sorry if I've upset anyone.

You didn't offend anyone :hug: To me even if you only post in chitchat and are waiting training its still nice to be able to read a little about who your chatting with. Mine says about my family, interests and more as well as my training. The real thing with profiles comes in for people both asking for and giving advice. If I get advice in answer to a question I like to read the profile and see what training the person has had as untrained/self taught Geeks wont have the level of insight some one who trained did (in my opinion). If you are training and read something that might apply to you also, its good to see who is telling you something.

:hug:

I'm quite amazed at the 2 Geeks who said who cares. Your opinion as to why it doesn't matter is also welcome :hug:

I think it is very good and a very responsible attitude that you check the profiles before you answer.
I am really happy to hear that, because it shows how seriously you take each answer or question.
I've been a member for only a few days and this has made a very good impression!:lol:

Thanks hun, thats good to hear :hug:

It's got to the point where i don't even check any more :rolleyes: Imho over recent months we have been inundated by people who show complete lack of respect,who are obviously here with their own agenda or are diyers,make no wonder many long standing and tremendously respected members are no longer regular posters,it's a real shame ,sad as that is,i tend not to reply so much these days,and when i do i tend to reply to those i "know",saves any hassle :(

Ps i haven't voted ,i used to always check profiles now i can't be bothered because the majority ot the time is isn't appreciated it seems

See I can see exactly where your coming from Becki :hug:

Maybe people will get fed up of me banging on about the profile thing. I just feel that as a profesional forum for people who are profesionals, training to be one or just here waiting to start their training its important to keep it as close to that as possible. We cant prevent hobby techs from reading advice from searches but they do that at their peril anyway as advice might have varied depending on the system they use which would often have been taken into account from the profile when it was giving.

I do sometimes wish the 'about me' page was the first thing you saw when you click on a profile with the message page behind it on a tab.

:hug:

I filled in mine when Geeg asked me to after askin her a question... this says pretty much all...

I answer if I know the answer. I hardly check a profile, not used to doing it.

Latest posts

Back