Do you accept card payments?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
world pay is the brand mentioned above

I had my first payment today using izettle, it's clever and I assured my client her details were secure but because she was paying with Visa the process was long winded.

I signed up with them last week but held off getting the card reader and then yesterday got an e-mail about the chip and pin reader launch so got it ordered today :) this takes out the long windedness with visa , my chip and pin reader should arrive next week .

I got an email from huddlebuy the other day which I'm possibly going to go for. It usually costs £99 to set up but it's £0 FREE with Huddlebuy. It's called payatrader. You do not need a merchant account. You pay per transaction from 2.3% to 2.95%.

You have to do your payments online though. A terminal option costs something by the looks of it. But I like the fact that there are no monthly costs and it's cheaper than paypal.

I was going to get izettle on huddlebuy but missed the boat.

Actually, forget what I said- just went back onto huddlebuy and you can still get izettle, but not till march. So I've just registered my interest and they'll send me my free phone attachment when they are back in stock.

I've just applied for the WorldPay SmartPhone system too, it looks fab.

3 payment options with varying price per transaction, off the top of my head:-

1) No monthly fee, 75p per debit, 3.5% credit card
2) £5 monthly fee 50p per debit, 2.95% credit card
3) All You Can Eat - £10 per month no transaction fee
£59.99 one off to buy the bluetooth wifi card reader. App downloaded to your smartphone (android or iphone)

I currently have a hardwired machine which I've worked out costs me a minimum of £36.36 per month, the All You Can Eat option above will save me a fortune.

I work from home so will be on my WIFI so I'm not overly worried about signal issues. If I was mobile it might be a bigger concern and would need more looking into

Does anyone know if I would need a business account to use the mobile Worldpay smart phone system? I can't find
anything about this on their website and I just have a personal account.

I'm with cardsave at present but phoned ccs, & they can offer it cheaper & no need for a business account :)
But just waiting to hear back from cardsave to see if I can come out of contract or if they can offer it same price ( at the min I pay £20! Each month for transactions & only doing around £5-8 ) x

Paypal have brought out a mobile card reader if it helps any of yous...

From watching the video, you download an app to your phone and stick the reader into the earphone part of your phone (or tablet.... i think!) and it reads cards... looks handy for mobile professionals :)

I say get in contact with paypal to get more information..:)

hope this helps :)

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/credit-card-reader

Paypal have brought out a mobile card reader if it helps any of yous...

From watching the video, you download an app to your phone and stick the reader into the earphone part of your phone (or tablet.... i think!) and it reads cards... looks handy for mobile professionals :)

I say get in contact with paypal to get more information..:)

hope this helps :)

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/credit-card-reader

This looks like exactly what I would like !! As I would want it set up to my PayPal ! Just wish they knew charges etc now :(!x

Latest posts

Back