Do you believe everything happens for a reason?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do believe in this but not with everything. Not with death as ive known of a family member who has died and it has lead to another death and kids being left behind..
But i believe things can happen to change our path for the better, stuff like that. My partner was in a rubbish job for 4 years, gave his all and helped on a personal level for nothing. All on minimal wage, but he was comfortable and stayed as it was also safe. His dream was being a courier but start ups were too much as we were struggling. One day out of the blue he was made redundant and within a day he found a courier job (due to a friend helping him out as he was jobless suddenly)! Hes on better pay, longer but better hours and he loves it. And its a fulltime contract! I see this as it was meant to be, it happened so it would kick him up the bum to get what he wanted as he wouldnt of otherwise.

People always say to me 'everything happens for a reason' will be on my tombstone lol
I have had some seriously bad experiences in my life but I wouldn't change it as each one has got me to this point...the happiest I have ever felt!

And randomly...I work from my home salon but I have one lady who I visit due to her mobility problems.
I went there on Tuesday and her daughter was there visiting from Australia.
Anyway, after a little chat she said she wanted to give me a book ... THE SECRET!!
I just think it's such a random coincidence as I have never heard if it before lol

I used to believe in all that crap, but not anymore.
I was always an upbeat, positive person. I would always go out of my way to help others. My glass was always half full and life still throws sh*t at you so no, there is no reason for why some things happen. I'd like to think there is, but there isn't.

I do believe in this but not with everything. Not with death as ive known of a family member who has died and it has lead to another death and kids being left behind..
But i believe things can happen to change our path for the better, stuff like that. My partner was in a rubbish job for 4 years, gave his all and helped on a personal level for nothing. All on minimal wage, but he was comfortable and stayed as it was also safe. His dream was being a courier but start ups were too much as we were struggling. One day out of the blue he was made redundant and within a day he found a courier job (due to a friend helping him out as he was jobless suddenly)! Hes on better pay, longer but better hours and he loves it. And its a fulltime contract! I see this as it was meant to be, it happened so it would kick him up the bum to get what he wanted as he wouldnt of otherwise.

I think even death is for a reason, as horrific and traumatising as it is...

6yrs ago whilst I was heavily pregnant my brother hung himself. I was absolutely devastated as we were very close.
Up to that point my life was "meh" bearable but miserable and I was going through various cycles of depression.

Within months of it happening my whole attitude to life changed.
Life's too short to be anything but happy.
If you don't like something, change it!

So I did.

I genuinely am the happiest I've ever been and when things go wrong I'm no longer a victim.
People who bring me down are no longer part of my life and I throw all my energy into making myself and my amazing little family happy.

I am so proud I have my own business and it's as a direct result of his death motivating me to make something if myself.
And I don't worry about it not working out, because if it doesn't it's because there's something better out their waiting.

I may be slightly nuts, but I'm a happy nutter :)

I think even death is for a reason, as horrific and traumatising as it is...

6yrs ago whilst I was heavily pregnant my brother hung himself. I was absolutely devastated as we were very close.
Up to that point my life was "meh" bearable but miserable and I was going through various cycles of depression.

Within months of it happening my whole attitude to life changed.
Life's too short to be anything but happy.
If you don't like something, change it!

So I did.

I genuinely am the happiest I've ever been and when things go wrong I'm no longer a victim.
People who bring me down are no longer part of my life and I throw all my energy into making myself and my amazing little family happy.

I am so proud I have my own business and it's as a direct result of his death motivating me to make something if myself.
And I don't worry about it not working out, because if it doesn't it's because there's something better out their waiting.

I may be slightly nuts, but I'm a happy nutter :)

So sorry for your loss, sometimes it's better to see the pretty things in the world instead of the ugly ones. Xx

So sorry for your loss, sometimes it's better to see the pretty things in the world instead of the ugly ones. Xx

Thank you x

I was already very low. I had 2 choices, fall apart completely or learn from his mistakes.

Of course I still miss him every day and wish he was here. But now in the back of my mind if I ever doubt myself I hear his voice telling me I have nothing to lose so bloody well try!
Or just plod along being alive but not actually living.

I am ridiculously positive these days, even if I don't feel it I tell myself to look for the positive and it always comes.

It's only ever a bad moment, not a bad life. Don't assume tomorrow will be as crappy as today, otherwise it's predetermined for you.
Man I'm waffling now, sorry.
Just stuff like this really hits home with me xxx

If everything happens for a reason, then how do you explain the torture some children have to go through?

I am a huge advocate and believer in laws of Attraction. What you think about is what you bring about. When you are down, unhappy, miserable, selfish, mean, jealous, backstabbing... All that negative stuff... That's what you attract back in your life.

When you are upbeat, happy, kind, grateful, thankful, thoughtful, loving and glass half full type of person... That's what you attract back into your life.

It starts with you. You can have anything you want in life... You simply have to believe it and know it to be true.

I could tell you some amazing stories that have happened to me and every time I dissect them... It leads me back to what I already know... Ask for you want, believe you have it with your whole heart (and I mean BELIEVE)... Most people think 'yehhh I'll have a million pounds' but secretly in their heart they don't believe they will ever have it... And so, the laws of attraction say 'your wish is my command'... So really believe that what you have asked for you can have... And then act like it's already yours and be oh so thankful for it.... Every day.

If you practise being thankful to everyone... Remembering to actually say the words to anyone and everyone... To not use expressions like 'I can't afford it' All those negative expressions that sometimes you don't even realise you're thinking about and saying, Your life can change immediately.

I've been there and done it and since 2007 my entire life has changed beyond anything I could have imagined.... Hope this helps some of you and to Elaine Armani... Think ONLY positive thoughts for this man that turned your life around... You can't wish him back well... His own mind and attitude are the only things that can do that but if he knows he has you to come back to maybe his mindset will change for the better. :hug:

I'll finish with my favourite expression...
"Whether you think you can, or, whether you think you can't... You're ALWAYS right"!!!!!

As an avid student of spiritual works, I agree wholeheartedly with your sentiments but I would substitute believing for knowing - more powerful intention. xx

Last edited:
I totally believe that things happen for a reason. I distance myself from negative people and surround myself with like minded people wherever possible.

It's not always easy to be positive and I can be a terrible worrier and very sensitive, but when times are low I take a step back and I'm thankful for what I've got and for what I KNOW is going to happen in the future.

I would never sell my soul to the devil for a bag of wax and I would never do business with people that have no integrity or morals. Like attracts like.

My favourite saying is "I'm a great believer in luck and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it"..........Thomas Jefferson

Totally agree 100% with Kim:)

I used to believe in all that crap, but not anymore.
I was always an upbeat, positive person. I would always go out of my way to help others. My glass was always half full and life still throws sh*t at you so no, there is no reason for why some things happen. I'd like to think there is, but there isn't.

I agree, some things in life have no reason for happening. I just can't see why so many tragic things happen to good people. As for what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, I always felt I was strong enough and was always thankful for everything I had. I didn't need a 'reason' to make me realise how lucky I was.

Last edited:
I agree, some things in life have no reason for happening. I just can't see why so many tragic things happen to good people. As for what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, I always felt I was strong enough and was always thankful for everything I had. I didn't need a 'reason' to make me realise how lucky I was.

JK Rowling said

" Rock bottom is the solid foundation on which I built my life"

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think it's so much that everything happens for a reason but more that you learn from experience and hopefully make life better. Sometimes when you go through bad times it makes you appreciate the good times. I've spent most my adult life trying to find a reason and hand on heart that's what's kept me sane, enabled me to get out of bed every day and carried me through my life.

However where I don't follow this line of thought is when someone dies or becomes seriously ill. In sept 2011 my 33 year sister was diagnosed with cancer, in Feb 2012 my nan died and 9 days later my other nan died. Then in August 2012 my aunt lost her beloved husband. My aunt said to me recently please don't tell me everything happens for a reason and I completely understand why she feels like this- she's lost her mum and soul mate.

Whilst I believe that like attracts like, nothing any of us said, did or felt could stop the train wreck that was 2011/2012.

All we can do and all we have done as a family is continue to move forward with our lives. Sometimes in life I truly think there is no reason for these awful situations. Sad but true. That doesn't make me a glass half empty person though. Xxxx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Last edited:
If everything happens for a reason, then how do you explain the torture some children have to go through?

No one can explain the reasons things happen to other people, we can only look at why things happen to us as individuals.
So using that example, I'm so upset by what I've read in the press recently about child abuse, that I now ask my children more about what happens while they are at school, visiting friends and family. I don't trust anyone but me with my children and I think I would be more aware of cues if something was to happen.

I'm also look out for other children more than I ever did.
So for me, it's happened as a warning and reminder to protect my own children and those around me.

People are saying "so why is all this bad stuff happening to me"
Well no one can answer that for you, only you can.
And it may not appear apparent why now but eventually it will, if you want it to.

Terrible things go on all the time, we can either let it destroy us or try to grab something from it to make out situation better.

Life isn't fair. That's it, it's not. Bad things happen to good people.
It's how we deal with it that then affects the rest of our lives.

I'm sorry so many of you are having a terrible time and I truly hope things get better very soon x

I don't think it means anything to do with life or death as these things effect us all in one way or another. It's about life in general and learning from every experience an interaction with other people.

If you were as lucky and as naughty as me, and as a punishment at boarding school had to write the bible word for word every weekend from 7.30am until 7pm then the chances are you have an understanding of it..ha ha. Before I say this please understand I am not a believer in any of this but it is written that the Devil is far greater than God, this may explain some of the disasters, evilness etc in the world today.

Does everything happen for a reason? Probably but it depends on how you look at it...if you turn the oven on and put your hand in it you get burnt. If you eat ten thousand calories a day you will put on weight. Disease and dying is a part of the natural cycle - as awful as it is we can't change this. You are guaranteed to die.

Religion is purely a belief - if you get comfort and belief from a kettle - then the chances are you'd worship and pray to it. Personally I don't have time.

Train your mind to be strong - laugh - laugh and laugh. The mind can very easily be manipulated. I don't have nightmares, I don't see ghosts. No-one talks to me from another planet, I've never been on pills for mental health, I've never been an alcoholic, I have never taken drugs, never been anywhere close to a breakdown, never relied on others, friends? Not that I'd rely on them for anything ... and I've had my fair share of S*i* the same as everyone else.. I lost my first daughter, been married twice (and both times I've had to pay them off - substantially! I've been in care, I have no relationship with my parents, I've been homeless, I have no other family...I won't go on! Am I a victim of circumstance, no... 'woe is me' does not, nor ever will live in my house... and if you look in the dictionary under sympathy I am told it sits between S*i* and Syphilis!

I don't agree that even death happens for a reason, I believe in God so that how I believe that death is fate and everyone will die one day, although I don't believe god brings us these bad occasions and bad times in life. Things just happen, some do have a reason and some don't. As bad as it sounds I think recently I've just accepted to reach my goals, work hard and be who I want to be but I do remind myself that it won't be easy and you will have a bumpy ride somewhere. This is life... I really don't know why things happen but I find that when I think positive I find a reason why it happened and ends up bringing good things! I guess it's all about your mentality no matter what it is :)

Cause and effect I believe in. It works both ways not everything happens for a good reason. For example the basic laws of nature like dying and accidents. It just happens in the world we live in. For example if someone dies in the hands of a drink driver, it happened because some one got behind the wheel when drunk. And took somebody's life. It's not a good reason but still a reason. Then it works in other ways like if you get a really good job it's because you worked hard. I think a positive attitude defiantly helps (it has actually been proven, with the use of cognitive behaviour therapy) I think on a personal level a positive attitude really help enrich your life. But pushing it on people could be quiet offensive like if someone was a victim of child abuse or something like that or if someone got murdered you could go round and round looking for a reason. Some times the reason is just the human condition. Sometime we can learn very valuable lessons or go on to help others through negative experiences. Turning a bad into a good. Interesting read xxxx

Latest posts

Back