Do you believe in destiny/fate?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It will come as no surprise to any of you to know that I am something of a control freak. (Ahem). Events in my life at the moment are so utterly and completely vile that the only way I can stumble through each hour is to believe that they are meant to be, that I could not control, affect, influence or change them.
Even though I am a science person through and through I'm loathe to admit that there seems to be some truth in the theory that we might be being moved around like pieces on a chess board by some unseen force.
For instance, reading this thread I see the movie "Sliding Doors" is mentioned.
A couple of weeks ago a client suggested I watch a TED talk by a lady called Brené Brown on vulnerability. For some unknown reason I decided that today would be the day that I would watch it, so I googled her. Reading an article about her she mentions that same movie! Coincidence? Maybe. But why did I decide to read about her today, of all days? And why that particular article? It wasn't the first one on google; I could have chosen a hundred others.

One phrase is also helping me through the all consuming pain I'm experiencing right now. It might help some of you.

"We meet people for a reason, a season, or a lifetime"

Lynne, there are so many of us on here who have been given the most generous help by you.
You are much loved and admired. This is as much part of your destiny as the rubbish bit.
xxx

I spent the weekend with my cousin going around all our old haunts as a child. It was great fun. Saturday evening after a bottle of wine or 3 we went onto Facebook to see who we could find .
I found an old childhood friend who has lived in Florida the last 30 years . I last spoke to her 10 years ago by phone .
so I messaged her from my business page...although of course I used my maiden name .
Today I checked my personal page which I very seldom use.
Guess who had messaged me , that same weekend ?!

We've exchanged a few messages and as she says she loves that the universe is bringing us back together again and is excited for this next chapter of our lives.

Fate ?. Destiny? Coincidence ?
crazy ?!

Latest posts

Back