Do you charge more for colour L&P

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fab Freak

Reaction score
If you offer the more flabouyant colours in L&P to you charge more for this service and if so as a percentage how much more?

Any feedback on this is appreciated... thanks

if i use coloured glitter mixed in clear powder then my price is the same as regular pink and whites, as the clear powder is just the regular price and a pinch of glitter is hardly worth worrying about. if i do coloured tips i charge £5 extra as the coloured powders are more expensive. thats the same cost as my nail art starter prices and i think they are about even in perceived value.

I also charge €5.00 extra for colour and glitter powders as it is more expensve to buy these posders, my advise to you is to wear glitter acryics as often as you can, it is the best way to sell them

angel fingers said:
if i use coloured glitter mixed in clear powder then my price is the same as regular pink and whites, as the clear powder is just the regular price and a pinch of glitter is hardly worth worrying about. if i do coloured tips i charge £5 extra as the coloured powders are more expensive. thats the same cost as my nail art starter prices and i think they are about even in perceived value.
Angel, love, .... any addition to your normal service is a perceived EXTRA.

You should always make a charge no matter if it costs you more or not!! Glitter is an extra.

This is a business, It takes time to mix glitter into powder, glitter is an added cost even if only a pinch. The price should be more.

You are missing an opportunity to higher your service charge. These opportunities should not be missed.

Hi, changing the topic here a bit sorry, but I tried out some colour powders the other night on my nail trainer (the Creative mosaic ones in green, purple, red....) and I found it really hard to get the correct mix ratio! Does anyone else have this problem? I haven't tried glitters yet, but are these the same? I think I'll have to get practising cause what I did the other night was no where near good enough to go on a clients nails!

geeg said:
Angel, love, .... any addition to your normal service is a perceived EXTRA.

You should always make a charge no matter if it costs you more or not!! Glitter is an extra.

This is a business, It takes time to mix glitter into powder, glitter is an added cost even if only a pinch. The price should be more.

You are missing an opportunity to higher your service charge. These opportunities should not be missed.

Would you say 10% or 20% or greater?

I don't want to be too greedy :rolleyes:

I just charge an extra five pounds. For me that is about 10%.

As an indication, EzFlow recommends that technicians charge a minimum increase of 20% on any Glitter or Coloured Acrylic service.

Hope this helps

Hello Navigator...

...is your name linked to the film?

PS thanks for the input.

We charge £5.00 extra for coloured gel £7.50 extra for glitter and people pay it. They are getting something different to the norm and as it takes extra time to put it on we charge for the time and the added pizazz that the glitter gives. I know we use gel but the principle is the same. HTH

hi, like Sass i do gel...we charge a tenner for glitter and 5 for coloured tips...people do not mind paying extra....
Clare

if you charge a bit extra then people feel they are getting something "special". Even though money-wise it's not costing you a whole lot more I would think that psychologically it would increase the status of the service!

Julie

We charge an extra £10 for either colour or glitter tips.

Jue x

Latest posts

Back