Do you cut back when pregnant?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jac4Harry

Reaction score
I'm 8 weeks pregnant with my 3rd baby.

I cut back on l&p services eith the last 2 as I found the smell gave me headaches.

What did you do?

I'm 8 weeks pregnant with my 3rd baby.

I cut back on l&p services eith the last 2 as I found the smell gave me headaches.

What did you do?
Congratulations!! :hug: Very exciting.

I have never been pregnant during my time as a nail technician but I have seen many through that period who worked in my salons including my own daughter; who, far for cutting back, worked right up until the last minute ... Literally. She was late with her due date so was being induced in the evening. I had to ring her and ask her, Isn't it time you left for the hospital? She finally left and the baby was born 3 hrs later!!

You may have the odd queasy moment for the first 3 months but after that you should be fine.

Work in a well ventilated area, as you always should do, and you will be perfectly safe. Nail products are quite safe to work with during pregnancy and its a nice sit-down job. All good.

When I was pregnant I worked up until the day I had my son as he was early, worked the Monday and went into labour that evening. I did work mostly with silk nails though and there's not such a smell as there is with l&p, I cut out pedis and waxing when I was far gone and slightly reduced hours last month or so but kept going x

Congratulations I worked 40+ hrs a week and didn't finish till 11 days before my wee one was born. Depends how your feeling though. Drink plenty water as some times slight dehydration gives head aches two xxxx

Latest posts

Back