Do you ever apply 3 thin layers of some colours in Shellac?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi

Iv just tried my new studio white on a friend to practice. She didn't have a free edge but I did a thin line of studio white. I had to do 2 thin coats because it was patchy with 1 is this normal? It looked lovely and natural after!

Would you tell client not to have French if no free edge or just do it? I did thin smile lines and they looked ok but feel a longer edge would of been better

Also do you ever do a full pedicure before shellac? Would soaking the nails in water prior to application effect the shellac?

I'm in love with dark lava purple purple and rock royalty got them the other day
;-)

A manicure or pedicure that involves a soak should always be done AFTER the Shellac application.

Thanks andrea85

Can I use water decal nail art on top of the colour shellac tacky layer then apply top coat? Or do I do all layers remove tacky layer add decal then put top coat over or maybe 2 nd top coat?

Do you put shellac top coat over rhinestones to as I find it collects around them slightly like a pool against them if that makes sense?

Cheers

I frequently have to apply 3 layer which is a bit disappointing compared to some of the gel products which only need 1 layer!

Thanks andrea85

Can I use water decal nail art on top of the colour shellac tacky layer then apply top coat? Or do I do all layers remove tacky layer add decal then put top coat over or maybe 2 nd top coat?

Finish application and wipe, apply decal and top coat again.

Do you put shellac top coat over rhinestones to as I find it collects around them slightly like a pool against them if that makes sense?

I put rhinestones and crystals into 2nd colour coat, cure, top coat if it pools i get a nail art brush and gently move it away before i cure

Thank you for your advice :)

Has anyone ever had issues with the top coat going gluppy?
Cheers
;-)

I bought a new larger size top coat and was surprised to open it after only a few uses to see the top part looking cured. I still can't work out how it happened as I don't keep my Shellac in the sun or near my lamp :sad:

I scooped out the cured part and have kept my fingers crossed that the rest of the bottle is okay.

I'm going to ring sweet squared up see wat they say.

Which stripe nail varnishes do you use to do flicks etc I had stripe rites but wondering if orly ones any better etc?

Latest posts

Back