Do you ever get that feeling?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TweezerHappy

Reaction score
I got a phone call a couple of weeks ago for an appointment for 2 full sets of lashes. Fine, we went through what was involved then I gave a couple of possible dates and this Thursday was booked in. I’m going tomorrow night to do a patch test. I don’t know why but I just had a feeling they were going to say something about the price.

The other funny thing about this is that I’ve only ever spoke to the mother on the phone. I just missed the call and it sounded like it was the client that left a voicemail. When I called back I got the mother who arranged the appointments. When I called to confirm today I left a voicemail and the mother called me back. Strange?

When I spoke to her today I confirmed their address and time for patch test and appointment on Thursday and confirmed the price, £70 each. She said, “is it not £50?” no, it’s £70. “but they’re not having bottom lashes and I’m sure it says £50 on your website.” No, it says £70, I don’t do bottom lashes. £70 full set and £45 half set. “Oh, alright then.”

I just have that feeling they are either going to cancel before the patch test or will say something again tomorrow when I do the test.

Does anyone else get that feeling when they speak to people? Do you just go over your prices from the start to make sure everyone knows where they are?

Yep, you do seem to develop a sixth sense about these things. I now put a little mark next to the booking in the diary and call them the day before to confirm the appointment.

As far as prices are concerned I would print off your webpage and if they kick off you can produce it. Nicely, of course!

Yep, you do seem to develop a sixth sense about these things. I now put a little mark next to the booking in the diary and call them the day before to confirm the appointment.

As far as prices are concerned I would print off your webpage and if they kick off you can produce it. Nicely, of course!

Good idea about printing the web page. I have internet on my phone which I could use but I'll print the page too. Thanks xx

Just a thought - but did you explain to her what a full set and a half set consists of? Sounds like she is thinking that a half set is for top lashes and full set is top and bottom lashes, by what she said - that would explain her thinking it was £50 for 'just the top lashes'...

Just a thought - but did you explain to her what a full set and a half set consists of? Sounds like she is thinking that a half set is for top lashes and full set is top and bottom lashes, by what she said - that would explain her thinking it was £50 for 'just the top lashes'...

Yes, I covered that during our first conversation. I explained that I don't offer bottom lashes as I haven't trained in this and not covered by insurance.

It does sound like that though. Just as well I called to confirm.

Sounds to me like she has been ringing around and was just trying to bring you down on price... I've had mum ringing for daughter... Just thought daughter was a bit backwards in coming forwards... :D
Posted via Mobile Device

I've had mum ringing for daughter... Just thought daughter was a bit backwards in coming forwards... :D

Bit backwards in coming forwards was dead on.

Latest posts

Back