Do you give a receipt?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redsadie

Reaction score
Just thinking about Hippychicks thread about book keeping, and if you don't have a till (as I don't), do you give receipts to your clients at the end of the service? Up until now I haven't and wondered if I should.

I always did when I sold my jewellery, but when having a treatment myself (hair or beauty) unless I pay by card, I've never been given one.

So thinking out loud really and wondered what all you do?

xx

i always write one but the clients don't always want one to take, but it's good to keep a record of the amount and also a record of how the payment was made- cash or chq. :hug:

i never give a reciepts as all my ladies pay cash only and that money gose into a container and when i'm at the bank in gose into an account

ive never given receipts - didnt even cross my mind in the beginning to be honest and no one has ever asked ?

for my personal records - i keep my spreadsheets uptodate daily and note amounts / service / retail etc all on my client record cards

anywhere i have been for services the only receipt i have ever received is for debit/credit card payment -

actually slightly off topic but ive not been anywhere yet - hairdressers / beauticians etc that has been through a consultation card/form with me ? :eek: mmm i guess they all have great memories ?!

kx

We have a client who works in television and she claims her treatments back from the taxman - we always give her a receipt but no-one else. No-one ever asks!

xLx

I don't give receipts out as amatter of course - only on the odd occasion when someone asks. I then just write the required details on a business card.

I don't give receipts but to keep a record I have a note pad on my counter where I record clients name, service, amount paid, and by which method. Obviously if I were asked for a receipt I would give one.

Be careful of the tax man / woman !!!

Here in Greece, it's receipts for everything, and you have to have a receipt for everything you own / have in your shop / salon even down to the last pencil or pen. Tax inspectors can give you huge fines if they find anything that does not have a receipt.

Equally, it is normal for tax inspectors to ask clients leaving the shop for the receipt they have just been given.

You are guilty until proven innocent here, but I would not change it !

Eva

Be careful of the tax man / woman !!!

Here in Greece, it's receipts for everything, and you have to have a receipt for everything you own / have in your shop / salon even down to the last pencil or pen. Tax inspectors can give you huge fines if they find anything that does not have a receipt.

Equally, it is normal for tax inspectors to ask clients leaving the shop for the receipt they have just been given.

You are guilty until proven innocent here, but I would not change it !

Eva

Thanks Eva :hug:

Just highlighted some of your post in red. That's going above and beyond the call of duty, don't you think!!??? Do they just 'hang around'? :eek:

Latest posts

Back