Do you have to use bonder?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tinaballerina

Reaction score
Hey Geeks,

I was having difficulties with my gel and acrylic application (they tend to fall off, chip etc.. after days )

I was speaking to another beautician and she said that she found that the bonder caused this!

I do all my prep right etc.. so it just puzzles me!

So my question is do you use bonder?

Thanks! xxx

Hey Geeks,

I was having difficulties with my gel and acrylic application (they tend to fall off, chip etc.. after days )

I was speaking to another beautician and she said that she found that the bonder caused this!

I do all my prep right etc.. so it just puzzles me!

So my question is do you use bonder?

Thanks! xxx

Whether or not you use bonder or primer depends on whether or not you are instructed to use it with the system you use. Bonder and primer are (as you can readily tell by thier name) are something to help nails to stick on better, not to help them come off more easily! Bonders and primers hardly cause lifting! Some people do spout a load of old codswallop, don't they?

Bad PREP is not always the cause of lifting either but it is 99% of the time, so I think that even though you may think you do everything right, as you say, it is a good possibility that you do not. Still, let's assume that you do. What else then could cause a lack of adhesion?

The way you apply the product! Some new techs are very tentative with their brush and do not make a firm enough contact between the nail surface and the gel or the L&P. So with gel, that first thin layer has to go down and be well worked onto the surface before curing .. how the nail enhancement stays on is almost entirely determined right there. If you just gently paint on the thin bonder layer, your nails will most likely lift.

Same with L&P. Those beads must be firmly pressed out on the nail surface before lightly smoothing over and together. Fail to do this and your nails will also be prone to lifting. The Brand that I use does not require a primer and I have never used it for 15 years, but some do if they don't trust their own prep to be thorough enough or if they are just so used to using it that they can't bring themselves not to!! lol

Latest posts

Back