Do you offer all systems?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loubilicious

Reaction score
I've read on previous posts that to be a "true professional" you should be able to offer all systems to a high standard. I wondered just how many of our established professionals do?
I'm still very much at the beginning of my nail journey and have started out by learning L&P, once I feel confident with this and am at a good standard I plan to learn Brisa......but what about silk/fibreglass????? Is this system in demand? I plan on continuing my training at Fingertips with CND, but unless I am missing something, this isn't something they supply or train.
I just wondered what others thought of this.......is it a necessity or is L&P and Brisa sufficient?

Thanks x

Personaly i only offer silk/fibreglass as i find it to be invaluable for repairs to the natural nail. I haven't found anyone that would benefit from this system more so than L&P or Gel for enhancements, so I think it deff has it's place HTH

Yes I do everything .. everything. No one will ever come to me and ask for something from me the professional and me say .. sorry I don't do that. No way.

i can do all systems.
been a while since i was asked for or needed silk /fibreglass and i'm a bit rusty but i do know what im doing.

So where do I go to learn?

So where do I go to learn?

Have you asked at fingertips? They may not run classes on a regular basis but that doesn't mean they wont teach you on a 121 basis ... I'ts got to be the simplest system to learn in the world. Adhesive + fibre??? Product knowledge? A few tricks you need to learn like how to saturate the fibre correctly to make it disappear (that will take 5 minutes of your time lol) but it couldn't be more simple.

I must admit Gigi, I haven't.........at this rate I'll be booking a week with Fee .....if only!!!!
Glad to hear it's quite simple though, another thing to add to the "to do" list!

i do all three systems too, If i get told one more time that gel is better for your nails ill scream, but I just quietly smile and explain that it is all from the same family

Yes

But haven't needed to do all 3 lol no one has ever asked me for fiber/silk,
But I have used fiberglass to fix several nails (now with shellac) so the knowledge of how to use it has come in useful, so I'm happy that I do know it...

Its also worth thinking "what goes around comes around" so who is to say one day it might be right back in ...(hope not though lol )

I am having to shorten the list of treatments offered at the moment as I am starting to have allergy problems with L&P and Gel, so I guess I will never be an all round nail professional.

I think it is ideal to know as many systems as possible, but not necessary to make a living.

I, too, have the capability and the equipment necessary to offer all three. However, I have moved all of my clients except 4 to gel. One gets "fiberglass" and the other 3 get L/P. But based on their lifestyles and habits as clients--I made the decision to keep them with those systems rather than switch them to gel.

I'm just at the beginning of my wee nail journey too :DI've trained in all 3 so far, Gel and Acrylic being the most wanted. Though, just the other day i done a little nail repair and used the silk, looked just like her natural nail, and she was very chuffed with it. I would like to open my own salon next year (after i convert to cnd), and i wanted to be able to offer ALL systems to my future customers. But like Geeg said, it is the simplest system to use :D x

Latest posts

Back