Do you regret HD Brow training? Has it brought you more business?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks again ladies.

I do feel my brow waxing needs a serious boost so I unlike the ladies that feel they are paying for what they already know I know I will benefit from the training in technique in either course.

BDB and the KL course were on my list but as said so many times before it's the brand people search for.

Why would you say the clients prefer BDB over HD?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

BDB and the KL course were on my list but as said so many times before it's the brand people search for.
Er..........thanks for that! LOL!

Note to self: Must remember to try to become a well known brand in the industry.

Ps. I'm off to see my therapist now.

Er..........thanks for that! LOL!

Note to self: Must remember to try to become a well known brand in the industry.

Ps. I'm off to see my therapist now.

Ha ha Kim x :Love:

Aw Kim seriously not meant as you have taken it.

It's been said on so many threads on here that people search for 'HD' brows specifically over anything else brand wise!

As said in other posts it is you I am planning doing my intimate waxing with. If you'll still have me that is :p

Aw Kim seriously not meant as you have taken it.

It's been said on so many threads on here that people search for 'HD' brows specifically over anything else brand wise!

As said in other posts it is you I am planning doing my intimate waxing with. If you'll still have me that is :p

No offence taken Zooks. I just like to get my point across:) x

I did the course 3 months ago and am really glad I did.

I think it's important you believe in the brand. I do, so find it really easy to sell it.

I've been deliberating doing hd training for 18 months. As a bridal makeup artist I got into beauty as so many brides had extremely hairy and unruly brows.
I now tint, thread, wax, trim and apply mineral makeup to get the shape I/ client wants.
So same as the op, im wondering if you fellow geeks think it's worth the price tag?
I'm extremely confident in brow shaping, however I just love the hd brand.
I must admit the decision is driving me crazy!

I am not HD trained yet do all the HD steps including the threading and have done before i even heard of HD. This is the reason i have decided not to undertake the HD course as I feel it personally would bring nothing new to me.

As for brand awareness HD seems to be the most sought after - I have found a lot of clients that come to me and ask if I know about HD as they have heard of it and are interested. A lot are surprised to find out that it is not some sort of tattoo?!?! and is just a brow process so to speak. I'm just wondering where they have got this impression from, not sure if its a branding thing or hearsay from friends etc.

My feeling is a lot of clients that have had HD elsewhere have been much happier with the job I have done and dissapointed with the HD experience and expected (their words) "something more". Obviously we are all different and others will benefit more than others from this course but I will not be spending my money on it anytime in the foreseeable future.

I couldn't decide whether to do the training either but in the end I decided to go for it.
Did I learn anything new?-not really
Am I glad I did the course?- absolutely
Do I get new custom from it?-yes
You are paying for the brand, but it's a brand that everyone wants. They were the ones who did it first and to be honest, no-one knows the names of the other companies that have followed.
I did my training in 2010 and although we were taught to thread, we were only shown how to thread above the brow and I never thread below. I wouldn't be confident threading a brow shape, but as people have already pointed out, you can get a good well defined shape with waxing and plucking.
Nearly all of my HD clients have been new clients that have found me on the HD salon finder. I still get at least 5 new enquiries every week.
Some people will get more out of it than others. What you will all get is a brand name that most people know and great advertising that you could never get by yourselves.

Totally agree with everything you say!

Before HD Brows I did my own 'version' and thought "I do all steps apart from threading" so I bought into the brand purely for the name!
Looking back at my photos of my version of defined brows and HD Brows, the difference is amazing!

It's one thing to do all the steps, but if you don't know the dimensions and tailoring techniques to create the perfect HD Brow, then they're not like HD Brows

Thanks Ladies.

There's only one salon near by that offers HD brows . She is very good And very busy but do I want to do the same as another salon or bring in a new brand such as BDB?

I am looking at opening a new salon so guess I'll need all the help I van get with marketing which is where HD come into their own.

i learned in my tinting course this weekend the only reason they are so high priced is because of the brand name. your best just shaping and tinting in my opinion, they use cheap tinting brands according to my tutor who used to work for them.
if i were you i would do some local research ask people in your surrounding area if they have heard of HD brows, whats their opinion on them and if they would get them done
if people are interested in the brand name go for it if not i would give it a miss

Latest posts

Back