Do you slow down for horses?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No they just go too fast.

Thats terrible, I've had horses, my sister has four and we both ride, thats really bad, unfortunately it happens all the time ! People are so inconsiderate on the road where horses are concerned. Hope you're friend is ok hun xxx

My little Girl has Horses, she adores them. People really don't have any consideration for them at all, b'stards!

I'm scared of horses so yes I do slow down:eek:
They might kick my car in self defense.

Or **** on it :eek:
A monkey did that when I used to have a RAV4 at Knowsley safari park...right in the middle of the bonnet...kept passers by amused for hours:eek::lol:

i aways have the courtesy to allow slow done for horses BUT it does rile me when riders dont have the courtesy to at least put their hand up as thanks, where i live we are surrounded by Fields there and lots of horses and i can honestly say probably half dont put a hand up :mad:

A monkey did that when I used to have a RAV4 at Knowsley safari park...right in the middle of the bonnet...kept passers by amused for hours:eek::lol:

Daytime Reliever?

Oh, I could hide neath the wings Of the bluebird as she sings.

Daytime Reliever?

Sunny day as well.....not good:lol::lol::lol:

I always slow down......I'm a good boy I am :green:

Daytime Reliever?

LOL!!!! :green:

"Cheer up Knowsley Judy

Isn't it just mean?

It's a Daytime Reliever on your Shiny Machine..."

Alas doesn't scan as well as the original Monkees song though - love the joke though Fitz!

LOL, makes me think of when Sonia and I went to Longleat safari park; we had a Renault at the time which had a rear window washer... anyway a monkey broke the end of it off so it didn't wash the window but instead just shot a jet out backwards... it henceforth became known as the "Monkey Squirter" and was a useful tool for getting back at tailgating drivers who were getting a tad too close to the back of my car ;)

LOL!!!! :green:

"Cheer up Knowsley Judy

Isn't it just mean?

It's a Daytime Reliever on your Shiny Machine..."

Alas doesn't scan as well as the original Monkees song though - love the joke though Fitz!

Thats very good lol! It was too late for me to come up with lyrics like that.

Hi hun

God that's awful. That poor horse and your friends must be so upset and shaken by this, makes me feel sick (I have horses myself and can just imagine the scene and how they are feeling).

People like that make me mad, they think just because it's a country lane they can drive like crazy. A lot of them think it's an open invitation to use lanes as a speed track.

I keep my horses in the country and the road is quite long and bendy and well known as a horsey area, and tractor area and yet you still get idiots driving like crazy (even locals!). Sunday is usually the worse day when you get all the bikers out, usually superbikes!

It's about time the speed limit down country lanes was reduced right down. I really don't understand why it isn't 30/40 seeing as lanes are usually full of bends and high hedges reducing visibilty, wildlife about etc.

No one wants to ride on the road if they can help it and unfortunately a lot of the time it's unavoidable, either to get to your field or the bridleway. I really feel sorry for riders who have to venture on the road especially if it's dangerous, some drivers are totally ignorant or don't care. Nothing gets done about safety - if you try and lobby for safer approaches the council/police aren't interested until something like this happens.

You should inform the BHS about this. Any information they receive about incidents/accidents gives them more evidence to try and get things done about road safety.

Although the BHS did do a few adverts on tv and radio about road safety and horses it's not been seen or heard enough. I was amazed when I heard their safety campaign on the radio the other day, only heard it once and it's been about for years. People need educating more,, trouble is what a lot of people don't realise is there's usually things behind the bush that can cause a horse to get frightened.

I also agree, riders who don't say thank you really annoy me too and also riders who don't where flourescent/reflective gear (at all times) annoy me.

Deb379

Deb, you are so right about speed limits on country roads!

I'd make the speed limit on narrow country lanes no more than 30 - especially ones where you get a lot of horses/cyclists/pedestrians - it's just daft to have the speed limit as 60 as to drive anywhere near that speed down there would almost certainly kill you/someone else...

Latest posts

Back