Do you think life is too short?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Delish

Reaction score
So basically yes i do x
My friend text me in Monday to tell me her OH suddenly dropped dead !
Still totally shocked x
I think its to short to worry to much (although sometimes its hard)
It to short to hold grudges etc
And i never leave someone on a argument or disagreement x

Whats your opinion x

I agree, life is too short. You never know how long your going to be here for.

I lost a very close friend 4 years ago to a car accident (aged 24) and another good friend 3 weeks ago to a heart attack (aged 28) it's really made me look at things differently and not sweat the small stuff so to speak. Xx

Yes I do.I realised this when my son passed life can just end so suddenly I now live my life for my son because he didn't have the chance. and then my brothers friend died she was feeling unwell one night but just thought she had drank to much that night,well the next few days she still felt very unwell so went to the doctors they ran some tests,a week later she found out she had cervical cancer the hospital told her it had spread everywhere and she literally died less than 4 weeks later there was nothing they could do just make her comfortable.she had 2 children and was 25.

Life is far to short,enjoy every min and make the best out of bad situations.xxx

It sure is short. ..I can't believe I'm nearly 41.. last time I looked I was 21... Anyway my nan passed at 98.. smoked 20 a day for 70 years. . Still lived on her own and was of sound mind. She would only ever eat British food, nothing at all that was shipped in from a different country. .. she always told me ' the day I go to hospital will be the day I die' she was true to her word. .. she fell, the ambulance took her to hospital and there she passed.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Yeh! My friend died when I was at school about 2 months people taking our GCSEs! :( he slipped on a curb an under a bus.. You never know what's going to happen :( x

Yes life is too short. My mum died when she was 55 and I've got a friend who is 38 and has only got a couple of days left to live (cancer). There is no time for regrets and no time to ponder whether something is right or not. If you want to do something, do it. Don't wait because you don't know what will happen tmrw.

Yeh! My friend died when I was at school about 2 months people taking our GCSEs! :( he slipped on a curb an under a bus.. You never know what's going to happen :( x

Oh my god x thats shocking x

Yes it is my brother died at 14 from a heart attack. I try and do things I want to without waiting to long as you never know what is going to happen.

I'm so sorry to hear your sad news.

I'm 55 in a couple of weeks and no, I don't think that life is too short. The things that happen in our life are all part of life's colourful patchwork.

Sadly we lose loved one and close friends far too young and it's at those time that we sit and think that life is too short but then we go straight back to working too hard and seeing too little of extended family and old friends. The truth is that life is life and we never know what's around the corner.

So rather than take up skydiving at 50 and Zumba because you feel you have to………..just treasure your family and true friends and if you like sitting on the sofa every night watching Corrie and eating a big bar of Whole Nut then good luck to you because that is YOUR life.

You're a long time dead so don't feel pressured into doing things just because you might regret it, because once you're dead you won't care anyway. xox

Last edited:
I am actually sh&^ scared of dying - it's keeps me awake at night.....I always tell myself that I'm going to live forever....

I'm pretty confident that this is a control issue though....LOL

I have had 6 strokes in 10 years 2 in the past year alone I'm only 30!! and I am waiting for brain surgery to remove a 4cm lesion in the centre of my brain. Living each day to the full and not holding grudges is so important. As for worrying I have given up worry completely as I have learnt 1) It's very bad for you health and 2) life happens anyway worry or not. :Love:

I have had 6 strokes in 10 years 2 in the past year alone I'm only 30!! and I am waiting for brain surgery to remove a 4cm lesion in the centre of my brain. Living each day to the full and not holding grudges is so important. As for worrying I have given up worry completely as I have learnt 1) It's very bad for you health and 2) life happens anyway worry or not. :Love:

Good luck with your surgery xx

Good luck with your surgery xx
Thank you. I have asked to have it after Christmas so I can enjoy the time with my friends and family

Sorry to hear about your health issues Nikki.
I think we tend to think life is short when something happens and like Kim says we then go back to what we were doing. I agree we should do the things we want to do and not because we have reached a certain age and feel we have to. It's up to each of us how we want to live and to make good choices. Ideally it would be great to look back on life with as little regret as possible.

Yes, I was diagnosed with breast cancer aged 29 in 2006. I had chemo, surgery, radiotherapy and tablets. I have been in remission for 6 years. You never know what's in front of you.

I'm so sorry to hear your sad news.

I'm 55 in a couple of weeks and no, I don't think that life is too short. The things that happen in our life are all part of life's colourful patchwork.

Sadly we lose loved one and close friends far too young and it's at those time that we sit and think that life is too short but then we go straight back to working too hard and seeing too little of extended family and old friends. The truth is that life is life and we never know what's around the corner.

So rather than take up skydiving at 50 and Zumba because you feel you have to………..just treasure your family and true friends and if you like sitting on the sofa every night watching Corrie and eating a big bar of Whole Nut then good luck to you because that is YOUR life.

You're a long time dead so don't feel pressured into doing things just because you might regret it, because once you're dead you won't care anyway. xox

Couldn't agree more! I hate it when people say that you arent living if you dont go travelling, skydiving etc. some people are happy not to do any of those things! X

I have tried to live with no regrets since my diagnoses 17 years ago, I believe in doing whatever makes you happy be it sky diving(no way) or just relaxing at home. For me its spending time with my loved ones and trying not to waste to much time on worry. Oh and finally finding a job I love and am passionate about rather than sitting in an office wanting to cry all the time.

Luckily for all of us, we don't know how long or short it is going to be.

All we know is that you only get one shot at it! Be a shame to waste it.

It's not until your body goes horribly wrong that you realise life is too short. I had a prolapsed disc 4 years ago, was in bed for 9 weeks, thought I was going to be in a wheelchair for the rest of my life.

I know it's not life threatening, but it was enough to make me think I need to make the most of life. I did some daring things and stupid things, all of which made me realise what was really important. Family.

Latest posts

Back