Do You Think You're Worth It?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yvette, I bet your client was shocked at not being informed of the price before the treatment was carried out....that was not a good move for the manager of the salon!

I think a tiered system in a salon is good BUT you have to tell the client what level of service she is getting so she knows what to expect to pay. I have a couple of clients who have been to a salon in town that charge in this way and having booked an appt and then had their nails done have been seriously shocked at the cost! One client didn't ask for any level of tech, but discovered after her nails were done that it was the Manager that did them and the cost was nearly £60 :eek:. Fine if you know what you're in for but a bit of a shock if you don't!

Good thread Kimmi.

In one way I agree with you, but on the other side... If you go into a shop... buy yourself something... Do you think the cashier should tell you the price, the difference between the product you bought compared to another product etc... if you haven't asked for it? Do you always tell your clients the price when they book an appointment?

C.

I had a client today for a rebalance who is over here on holiday. She has moved within her native Germany and has been trying to find a new tech where she lives who is as good as her last one. She said that she didn't mind if they were expensive as long as they are good. What she gets peeved at is paying top rates for crap work!

I don't think I am the best tech in the world, but when I see some of the work that I have had to rebalance over for people here I am surprised at some of the poor standards. I did a rebalance yesterday and they were so thick it took me over an hour just to file them to a reasonable level ... and gel is soft to file! I am really beginning to know my worth and pretty soon my prices are going to reflect this.

We decided in our salon to keep our rates all the same as it made life easier ... but now I feel I am really underselling myself as I wanted all of us to charge more but the others over ruled me. Think I am going to have to have words!

I had a client today for a rebalance who is over here on holiday. She has moved within her native Germany and has been trying to find a new tech where she lives who is as good as her last one. She said that she didn't mind if they were expensive as long as they are good. What she gets peeved at is paying top rates for crap work!

I don't think I am the best tech in the world, but when I see some of the work that I have had to rebalance over for people here I am surprised at some of the poor standards. I did a rebalance yesterday and they were so thick it took me over an hour just to file them to a reasonable level ... and gel is soft to file! I am really beginning to know my worth and pretty soon my prices are going to reflect this.

We decided in our salon to keep our rates all the same as it made life easier ... but now I feel I am really underselling myself as I wanted all of us to charge more but the others over ruled me. Think I am going to have to have words!

Sassy: Do you see more poor work in Spain than in UK?

Do you think the techs that charge top rates for crap work know that they are doing crap work? Or even worse, do you think the clients know it?

Again, you know what I think about the price-strategy... :) There ARE people who are willing to pay what it cost to get nice nails. I know....

C.

Sassy: Do you see more poor work in Spain than in UK?

Do you think the techs that charge top rates for crap work know that they are doing crap work? Or even worse, do you think the clients know it?

Again, you know what I think about the price-strategy... :) There ARE people who are willing to pay what it cost to get nice nails. I know....

C.

Hmm there is really one end of the scale to the other. We have some of the best work I have ever seen here ... mainly due to a couple of fab people who live locally and do some freelance training - one is a prestigious member of this site :wink2: if you get my drift and the other was a Creative ambassador in the UK and was Spanish champion over here. These two ladies have really raised the standards here that anyone would be proud of in their industry and I actually feel quite inferior to some of my local competitors, their work stands out a mile for its superb quality.

Then we get a LOT of tourists here and some of the work is dire. I mean I don't like to knock other peeps work, but I reckon stick ons would be better than some of the lifting bricks I have witnessed :eek:. And then again some of the work is pretty good too ... standards just seem a bit hit and miss. We get clients from all over - Holland, Germany, France, Spain, UK, Switzerland, and Norway and there is such a varying range of workmanship.

But then I've just had my haircut (as per my avatar) and I haven't had such a good cut in such a long time, it's lovely to find someone who takes their time and pays attention to every detail AND can do a bloody good job into the bargain. So I don't think that it is just the nail industry that has varying standards. All i can say is that I will not be going anywhere else to have my hair done ... and I would pay DOUBLE what they charge if I had to.

So yes if you are good at your craft then charge your worth, clients really are more loyal than we give them credit for you ... and most people do appreciate quality once they have experienced it for themselves.

love the hair Sassy...:)
by the way please share where you got your hair done...I haven't found a good hairdresser here for over 6 years!!!!!
Well I did..but after one haircut she has bogged off back to the cruises :(
I am desperateeeeeeeeeee :cry:

xxxx

sorry to hijack... :hug:

love the hair Sassy...:)
by the way please share where you got your hair done...I haven't found a good hairdresser here for over 6 years!!!!!
Well I did..but after one haircut she has bogged off back to the cruises :(
I am desperateeeeeeeeeee :cry:

xxxx

sorry to hijack... :hug:

Georgette's in Moraira - same place Gigi goes to and her hair is always fab! They do the best head massage I have ever had too, and have one of those massage chairs, OMG it was almost orgasmic!!!! I just wanted to be like those Herbal Essence ads and go "YES YES YEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS" ... but thought I'd better not!
Hijack over!

Latest posts

Back