Do you wipe the hands & feet after spray tan?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MissBling

Reaction score
Hi

I'm just wondering if anyone wipes the palms of the hands and soles of the feet after doing a spray tan? And if so what do you use?

In our salon were told to use acetone! But I would prefer not to use that on the skin.

Thanks in advance :)

Hi

I'm just wondering if anyone wipes the palms of the hands and soles of the feet after doing a spray tan? And if so what do you use?

In our salon were told to use acetone! But I would prefer not to use that on the skin.

I do but I also put barrier cream on both before and then just wipe off with a baby wipe x

I apply barrier cream on the palms of the hand and soles of the feet before treatment so don't wipe them after xx

Hi

What?! Acetone?! That's a bit extreme lol! You're right to be looking for alternatives!

Like others, I just apply barrier cream (aqueous) and then just wipe with a baby wipe after if necessary xxx

I know! I've started just using a damp cotton pads as i didnt feel comfortable using the acetone but will get some baby wipes to use!

Thanks all :)

good grief - acetone!! NO! cut kitchen roll sheet into four, use one piece to wipe over palms, save your skin and pennies too!

I use a baby wipe. hold it out so it hangs down so they can wipe palms on it then go over again myself to make sure no brown palms fingers/ wrists etc. Then Wipe the nails on hands and feet. I use sticky feet so no tan on soles =)

@fabtans do you use dry kitchen roll?

@lipstickkisses good idea letting hang down so they can wipe.

Thanks all for your replies. Would you believe this is a spa in a 5 star hotel #smh

Blimey 'Acetone' defo too harsh. I put a barrier cream on anywhere that potentially could be dry i.e. elbows,knees, palms, tops of hands, soles and tops of feet then wipe off or blend away with a wipe. Will look totally natural when done properly. :)

Oh good god!! Get a pack of Huggies does the job nicelyb:rolleyes:

Oh yes and on and around each individual nail (hands & feet)

Acetone? Bizzare lol definately barrier cream, on the hands, we use sticky feet :) i love them as they stick on the whole bottom of the foot so no manky dark build up of tan gets on them :) xx

Acetone? Bizzare lol definately barrier cream, on the hands, we use sticky feet :) i love them as they stick on the whole bottom of the foot so no manky dark build up of tan gets on them :) xx

The ones I tried were a nightmare to get off though and left a gluey residue on the sole of the foot :( xxx

The ones I tried were a nightmare to get off though and left a gluey residue on the sole of the foot :( xxx

Were did u get yours from? We get ours from our local wholesalers salons direct they have a website to order from :) could give them a bash :) xxx

I wipe the hands with a baby wipe not because I have spayed them, so the client know there is nothing there so if they end up with tanned palms its because they have touched somewhere on there body. I use sticky feet :-D

Sent from my LT30p using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back