does a greenie make me a bad tech!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You aren't wrong there CB, I was always taught it was water mould, so I wouldn't be surprised if the polish thing I was taught is crap too!

Yep I have been taught "mould" as well! And that it was a type of fungal infection! :grr:

I thought that the Bacteria that causes Greenies needs oxygen, oil and moisture, and that it is a fungal infection that likes the dark, in which case a dark nail enamel should have no effect on a greenie.

OKay I went and read the article and I think it is to put polish directly over the greenie, ie over the natural nail. What I was taught is that if a darker polish is applied over the enhancement product then it will create an environment that promotes growth of the greenie! Still don't know if that is correct, but at least it has cleared up some of my own confusion!

If that makes you a bad tech then I must be the worst globaly as i did the same to my nail by catching an extention that I had applied to myself!! To much of trying out ideas on myself i think!! You sound like a very good tech with your clients interests at heart, which in my opinion makes you a very good nail tech :green:

If that makes you a bad tech then I must be the worst globaly as i did the same to my nail by catching an extention that I had applied to myself!! To much of trying out ideas on myself i think!! You sound like a very good tech with your clients interests at heart, which in my opinion makes you a very good nail tech :green:

thank you very much.

Just as something extra to think about lol.....pocket lifting can also result in greenies, even though there isn't any sidewall or cuticle lifting, the lifting is usually a pocket (opaque looking) in the middle of the nail.

If this is disregarded greenies can happen, because, although the nail plate was sanitised before product application, it was only that, sanitised, reducing the maximum amount of pathogens on the surface.....so there will still be some there and if they get the chance, with a little pocket of air, they will go for it and multiply.

Pocket lifting in the main is caused by using too a wet ratio causing excessive shrinking of product as it cures or making enhancements too thick over time....as in too much product during rebalance making a build up of product....they can also be caused by vigorous filing over old product during rebalance and sometimes by a knock by the client.

Latest posts

Back