Does anybody know what the qualitys like on the x-tensions nail tip extensions?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mellissa2149

Reaction score
hi,i was just looking at the x-tensions websight,i was thinking of ordering some of theyre nail tip extensions ,but wasnt sure what they would be like? as they seem quite cheap. has anyone ordered anything from them before? what are they like as a company? also they have 0.5g & 1g wat would be the best to get? i was just goin to order a couple of pack,to try out on my own hair to see how they were? :rolleyes:

Never used it myself but a client has and they wasn't the best so depends what your after.
I also don't use 0.5 gram I only use 0.8 or 1gram strands.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hi I have ordered from them before in the past for myself they are ok not the best quality in the world only lasted one application they went a little dry towards the end of the 3 months but for the money they are fine.

I actually use a different company now who are only a little bit more expensive but quality is fab Pm me if you want any more info on them

Deb
x

hi,i was just looking at the x-tensions websight,i was thinking of ordering some of theyre nail tip extensions ,but wasnt sure what they would be like? as they seem quite cheap. has anyone ordered anything from them before? what are they like as a company? also they have 0.5g & 1g wat would be the best to get? i was just goin to order a couple of pack,to try out on my own hair to see how they were? :rolleyes:

Cheap makes an interesting experience. You get what you pay for.

the quality is ok. Howver, I wouldn't recommend the 0.5g strands, they are too thin, specially compared to how much glue is on the tip! The 1g strands seemed good tho.

x

I use them as my cheaper option, I market them as lasting up to 3 months with proper care and i've had no come back at all! I like to be able to offer a lower range for people who can't necessarily afford £300 for a set of extensions. They do go a little dry on the ends but on the whole with 180-200 strands a good thickness can be achieved.

thanx everyone for your replys,i will take them on board,i think i might get some to try to see what theyre like in my own hair,i also have a friend who said she would try them out if i needed a model. but will keep researchin to what else is out there in the form of nail tip extensions. & may try a few differant ones to see whats best,i think its a good idea to have a few differant price ranges too,thanks again for your ongoin help.

If you look at my avatar on my post, that is a full head of Colour 1 22 inch stick tipped hair from x-tensions I did for a client who had them in for 3 months, she's since gone bleach blonde, I haven't put extensions in since i hasten to add as I wouldn't like to think what condition her hair is in from all the bleach it took to go from jet black to bleach blonde since last september!

If you look at my avatar on my post, that is a full head of Colour 1 22 inch stick tipped hair from x-tensions I did for a client who had them in for 3 months, she's since gone bleach blonde, I haven't put extensions in since i hasten to add as I wouldn't like to think what condition her hair is in from all the bleach it took to go from jet black to bleach blonde since last september!

Nice work.
do u find the quality the same with blonde hair?
and are you happy with 3 months life span?
could you continue use this hair with your method for another 12 months or do u replace it?

I have just taken delivery of some blonde from them, so far i've not had any come back from anyone with the blonde in that brand. As I offer them as a cheaper option to bohyme etc I explain they're good for 3 months but maybe not for much longer, however I do have one client who has removed hers and kept it for a second install as she's so happy with it. I tend to replace it after 3 months, however a lot of people on that type of hair are just one off clients who want them for a wedding or a holiday like Christmas.

hi sorry to jump on your thread nut i just checked out the site and would love to add a cheaper option to my clients too,
i trained with balmain and was just wondering how the x tensions ones are removed?? the same way?? balmain have a disolvent remover and you crush the bond and soak them out!
also does anyone know if i could get training for this??
thanks xx

The nail tips from x-tensions are keratin and they come out with acetone and a smal amount of crushing as normal.

thanks alot xx

sorry
also could you use the balmain kit (the heat gun) to apply?? or another one xx

hi sorry to jump on your thread nut i just checked out the site and would love to add a cheaper option to my clients too,
i trained with balmain and was just wondering how the x tensions ones are removed?? the same way?? balmain have a disolvent remover and you crush the bond and soak them out!
also does anyone know if i could get training for this??
thanks xx

hi,ive just looked on theyre sight & they do trainning for fusion,pre-bonded,micro rings & shrinkies,they do them as individual courses or they do an expert day course which covers all the methods they do,have another look on theyre sight at the trainning it has more info & prices. hope this helps,im thinkin bout doin the pre-bonded course with my friend,which i think is like the balmain one. hope this helps,mel. :green:

your pic looks lovly,really nice work,i think i might order some to try out. & im thinkin about doin the pre-bonded course they do with a friend of mine,so will look into it,thanx again for your help. mel :green:

hi,ive just looked on theyre sight & they do trainning for fusion,pre-bonded,micro rings & shrinkies,they do them as individual courses or they do an expert day course which covers all the methods they do,have another look on theyre sight at the trainning it has more info & prices. hope this helps,im thinkin bout doin the pre-bonded course with my friend,which i think is like the balmain one. hope this helps,mel. :green:
thanks alot, xxxxxxxxx

i cant seem to find anything on there site?? x

i cant seem to find anything on there site?? x

its on the left hand side at the bottom of the list of products etc, under hair extension training,should be there.:green:

Latest posts

Back