Does anyone do cornrow hair braiding?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blush09

Reaction score
im a makeup artist / face painter and have just learnt hair wrapping / braiding for kids parties .. finding it a little fiddly, but love the effect and picking up speed
the woman that taught me also teaches half head cornrow braiding (she does the spanish holiday circuit) i love the look of it and the idea of being able to do it for my daughter and her friends, but do you think there would be much demand for it as a paying service ? also, is it easy enough to learn and master?
i would love to hear from anyone who offers this service and even better still if you are based in london or home counties and are able to offer 1-1 training, could perhaps go with you as as i have to travel a fair distance to see this lady
many thanks
blush09 x

Last edited:
hi i can do braiding. it isnt hard to learn but i learnt from a very young age.
its just a matter of gripping the hair with your fingers.

not sure demand wise as just started my salon.

it is very popular amongst ethnic people. so yes could be a paying service.

people will pay a good price to get it done

Not a hair geek but the hairdresser who does my extensions uses this method to plait the hair and then sew the hair into the plait. She is very quick at plaiting. We both live in the Bedford area i could ask her if she would be interested. Would you be prepared to pay for the training?

Gemma xx

if your in the right area for it then it would be worth learning.

also to do hair extensions too yeah as its the same method

awww .. thanks for your prompt replies
gemma, have pmd you
only plan to offer for tweens / teens perhaps at start of summer holidays .. think the lady who trains charges £20 for half a head, if i get 3 heads that will more have less paid for the training and will have learnt a new skill i guess .. just wish i didnt have to travel so far!

Havent had a PM ??

Hi I'm not an hair geek but I have master how to do cornrows and with extensions and it only took me 5 days to learn. I have a little girl and I was fed up of putting her hair in pony tails all the time.
I purchased a dvd from How To Braid Hair | See African Braids, Cornrows & Weave Styles and she focuses on finger and hand positions and how to correctly part the hair,or go on to Youtube and type in braids lots of demastration. And yes you can make a lot of money this :)

Why don't you pm your address I have a dvd you can have called For hairstyles in one.
you learn how to
Micro Braids
Cornrows
Kinky Twist
Weaves
No use to me I just do my little girls hair and my own and it save me an fortune. Cornrow prices down here start from £20 -£50 depending on designs and the designs are simple.
hope this helps:)

Hi
I trained with joan who lives in london on a 1-2-1 basis excellent service if you want details pm me and I will send them to you.
Posted via Mobile Device

Havent had a PM ??

Hi, just a quick one I sent you some pms about hair suppliers :eek:
didnt you get them either ?
I wondered why you never answered lol
Ps... is your pm box full x :hug: minky ,

minky,
yes was full - have just cleared it now!

Latest posts

Back