Does anyone ever use highlighting caps?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

franjess

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone uses highlighting caps sometimes instade of foiling and why? I mostly do Nails but I am a licensed Cosmatologest and do hair out of my licensed Home Base Salon. I love doing color, and corrective coloring. But I'm slow and find capping helps get everything processing at same time I do foil mostly, because it gets right down to the roots, and can highlight and lowlight at same time. You can also do creative patterns in hair doing foil :)

I sometimes use the cap on very short hair , or putting majicontrast reds into darker hair ,
I think the cap is great for doing a quick root retouch with highlights on mid length hair
as its quick it blends in well and you dont get bleach overlap
:)

My hairdresser uses the cap when doing fine highlights with just one colour. Saves loads of time.

I still use the cap not as often but tend to use it, if someone has short hair or if I'm using really bright colours on the hair, and also if men want high/low lights I use the cap for this too .

:) Good to know some of us still use caps I was wondering if I was alone.

I only ever used a cap for very short hair. I found that anything longer than 3" didn't look right. I don't find that they allow for even highlighting...and since I prefer 2-toning highlighting for a more natural look... they were no good for that either.

hth's

I will definitely use a cap if a client doesn't request otherwise, and providing its short enough and just 1 colour used, cant say I have had much opportunity though as most request foils and more than 1 colour.

i use a cap for short hair, e.g on myself full head highlift and had cap put on and very fine pieces pulled through to lowlight with 6.4:7.4 around the front....again good for just adding lowlights or even a few fine highlights to short hair, but i would only use on short hair and i love using foils..but a cap has its use and place too

Latest posts

Back