Does anyone know how to make Wella toners?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leece119

Reaction score
hi, i have just bleached my hair 4 times to a very uneven 9 and 10 level shade, some of it is yellow some is pale yellow, tiny bit is white

jus wondering if anyone know how to mix a nice pearl blonde(9 or 10 level) with violet or pinky reflect. i have asian hair by the way(and its very thick, condition is still pretty good).

you could go to a hairdresser? just a shot in the dark their. . .

if the colour is uneven then the result of the toner will be uneven, espessially if its white and yellow as to get them to a beige a differant action is needed. without seeing it its hard to know how bad it is have you any pics?

hi, i have just bleached my hair 4 times to a very uneven 9 and 10 level shade, some of it is yellow some is pale yellow, tiny bit is white

jus wondering if anyone know how to mix a nice pearl blonde(9 or 10 level) with violet or pinky reflect. i have asian hair by the way(and its very thick, condition is still pretty good).

Using only a 10 or 9 level will not cover what you have done! If your a professional, go back to basics with the color wheel, purple pulls out yellow start with that, get your porosity evened back out with treatments and try again. I would suggest Redken Shades EQ 9v and 9n to get the yellow out for now.

sounds like my dilemma my hair is white yellow and slightly orange/dark yellow. going to have it corrected tomorrow if i can get in. hope it goes well.
x

sounds like my dilemma my hair is white yellow and slightly orange/dark yellow. going to have it corrected tomorrow if i can get in. hope it goes well.
x

Hi haylz, did you do a home colour or something ?:)

You may aswell tone it with a permanent colour now... that will even you out....simple wash in toners are not gonna do the job.

If you want to be a nice violet light ash blonde, i would suggest L'Oreal Majirel 9.02 or 10.02 depending on how light you want to be using 30 vol... leave it on for 45 mins or so ;)

thanks guys. i am a professional, started with redken, then schwarzkopf, now working in a loreal salon. am entering hair comp, but it's a wella comp so have to use wella colour thats why i need advice on wella stuff(i find they dont have as much colour as other brands, so pretty much hav to make the colours)

am still testing the toners. bleached my asian model's hair 6 times already

it's pretty light at the moment, there are jus some bits that are yellow(and she's got very thick strong hair so it shows even more,so am trying to find a way to get it even before i can start playing 9 and 10 levels of toner on her hair)

you can always add mixtone to make the colours more ash or violet if needed if you want a cool beige , id take it down a little and maybe add a little gold as well( maybe 1/2 8/ 1/2 9 line ) as taking it down will also take out some of the warmth but you will have to adjust it for the different tones and colours in the hair , unless you want to risk bleaching it again

Hi leece , heres a link that may help too http://www.salongeek.com/hair-geek/71169-toners.html?highlight=toners

it sounds like you only need to go in back in and spot bleach it just on the yellowy bits
then it will be nice and even for your toner ,

just dont go near or overlap the bleach on any of the white bits as these areas will be very fragile :)

Latest posts

Back