Does anyone know what brands are popular in the USA

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bellini

Reaction score
Hi All

Just by chance, does anyone know which nail brands are American? I know OPI is but just want a few others. I'll hopefully be working in the Caribbean and want to offer the American expats something they're already familiar with.

xx

As a nail stylist in America, we mainly use a lot of OPI. It is the most popular. And so is CND. but all of the top brands are available and widely used.

It would be easier to answer which brands are not American. :biggrin:

LCN, Allessandro, several others are European or Asian there are several Australian brands.

Most all Well known BRANDS are from the USA.

Unique....

A nail tech from the States...Great. Can I pick your brains??

Ask away. I'm based in Tampa, Florida.

Shellac is crazy popular. So is Gelish; however, that's starting to wane in our area. OPI Gel is taking over the market in our area because OPI nail color is so popular, it was just bound to happen.

Ask away. I'm based in Tampa, Florida.

Shellac is crazy popular. So is Gelish; however, that's starting to wane in our area. OPI Gel is taking over the market in our area because OPI nail color is so popular, it was just bound to happen.

Ditto up in Boston. For regular nail polish, OPI and Essie are everywhere. Shellac made a big splash and then Gelish, but OPI GelColor is really getting big, having a huge fan base for its regular polish.

Last edited:
Was in Boston last November and saw a lot of OPI about same in Vegas the previous 3 years.:wink2:

OPI has always had the polish category because thst is the main thing they have always pushed but definitely not number one in the enhancement, mani or pedicure categories. Not in the. USA and not in the world either.

Last edited:
I was in Montego Bay, Jamaica and when i treated myself to a pedi in the resort spa it was OPI that they used :)

Sent from my GT-S5360

As a tech in the US, I use CND Shellac, OPI Gelcolor and Gelish.

Hi All

Just by chance, does anyone know which nail brands are American? I know OPI is but just want a few others. I'll hopefully be working in the Caribbean and want to offer the American expats something they're already familiar with.

xx

Hi
Did you mean nail polish or were you talking about enhancement products? x

Yes, I did mean enhancements, but all answers have been great...Gives me something to work from. Zowee, thanks for the heads up on Mo Bay - I'll probably be working there as my family live so close.

Thanks everyone

Yes, I did mean enhancements, but all answers have been great...Gives me something to work from. Zowee, thanks for the heads up on Mo Bay - I'll probably be working there as my family live so close.

Thanks everyone

No problem - its a beautiful place, great people + atmosphere, im very jealous!!! Good Luck x x

Sent from my GT-S5360

The top high end salons in my immediate area use either CND, Young Nails or OPI enhancement products exclusively.

For what it's worth.

Latest posts

Back