Does anyone use electronic cigs?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*sarah*

Pmu Geek
Reaction score
Seriously thinking about getting one but there seem to be so many to choose from don't know where to start! I defo want one that is as small as a normal cig and quite like the idea of cherry flavour or something fruity :wink2:
So can anyone recommend one?

Sarah xx

Never used them, I recently quit I done it cold turkey though, there's a new spray out which is meant to be good though?

Lol ruth its ok I dont get the bus ;-) I still need the cig think i'd get on btr with it than sprays or patches amy x

Whatever you do, don't smoke one on a Megabus :green:

Ha ha, I was thinking the same thing!

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using SalonGeek

Lol ruth its ok I dont get the bus ;-) I still need the cig think i'd get on btr with it than sprays or patches amy x

Good idea; you don't want to end up being stopped by a load of armed police when someone thinks your cig is a bomb ;)

Sarah I've worked in smoking cessation for many years. As I'm sure you know, stopping smoking is as much about breaking the habit as it is about no longer being physically dependent on nicotine. The electronic cigs are great - but they don't help you to break the habit unfortunately. So unless you're prepared to use them for the rest of your life I'd still suggest that other methods are more effective at helping you to quit.

But well done on taking the first steps! WANTING to quit is half the battle :hug:

I've had them and a trusted site is Electronic Cigarettes, E Liquid, E Juice from Totally Wicked.

You can buy the starter kits which are good and then you can buy extras when you run out of the bits and pieces. They can help you cut down but then you tend to depend on them instead of the fags :(

I got on great for about 3 months but then I suffered from mouth ulcers :(

I find the best are the patches. I didn't crave cigarettes. The thing I craved was the habit of having one. I used to walk to the back door thinking I was going for a cigarette. So it is definitely breaking the habit of smoking.

I tried champix and that made me so sick but the patches were great :) good luck x

For anyone else reading this who's thinking of quitting - it's well worth accessing your local NHS stop smoking service as you may find that nicotine replacement therapy is FREE! :biggrin:

You're also much more likely to be successful in your quit attempt if you have some support, either in a group or one to one. There's loads of free help available - might as well use it! :wink2:

I got a starter set from VIP cigarettes. I had a voucher from groupon. I was smoking 10-15 a day, I've had it for 2 months and havent smoked for 10 days now.
It says it's not meant to be used to quit smoking, as you obviously still have the nicotine. I didn't buy it to quit, even though I wanted to. However I noticed that I smoked less and less, because it was more the habit of going outside and having a fag, that was stopping me stop smoking. With this, the habit of going outside was stopped, and then the nicotine addiction quickly got better as I was smoking less and less.
I've smoked for 9 years and have tried to quit many times, nothing has worked. So I am very surprised that this has stopped me without me even making a concerted effort.
Even if it doesn't work, at least I am not filling my lungs with tar and **** every time I smoke. So it's better either way!
Good luck.

Also VIP do loads of different flavour cartridges. Cherry, menthol, chocolate... Not sure I'd want a choc fag! Anyway. I have the menthol as I used to smoke menthols. I have to say the taste really is good compared to others I've tried. :)

I got a starter set from VIP cigarettes. I had a voucher from groupon. I was smoking 10-15 a day, I've had it for 2 months and havent smoked for 10 days now.
It says it's not meant to be used to quit smoking, as you obviously still have the nicotine. I didn't buy it to quit, even though I wanted to. However I noticed that I smoked less and less, because it was more the habit of going outside and having a fag, that was stopping me stop smoking. With this, the habit of going outside was stopped, and then the nicotine addiction quickly got better as I was smoking less and less.
I've smoked for 9 years and have tried to quit many times, nothing has worked. So I am very surprised that this has stopped me without me even making a concerted effort.
Even if it doesn't work, at least I am not filling my lungs with tar and **** every time I smoke. So it's better either way!
Good luck.

The average smoker has at least 6 unsuccessful quit attempts before they manage it HairFairy! So "Don't give up giving up!" as we say in the trade! :wink2:

Evening :) I started smoking at 13 and smoked up until four years ago! I'm now 38 and I'd say from age 18 I was on about 20 aday, I tried everything I even was addicted to the lozenges for two years.
I was told about a book by Alan Carr (not the comedian) And that's what helped in the end!
You don't just give up but a few tips stick in your head, I would love a ciggie but I no how I will feel if I had one as I have a memory of me smoking and not enjoying one!
I would never say I'm safe as you never no what's round the corner but four years this month ain't bad ;) x x

I've been 'vapouring' electric cigarettes for nearly a year now, abd gradually getting less and less! Was 20 per day, and now have 1-2 puffs once a week!!! Was using e-lites, and now using VIP, which are great!! Good flavour (I use menthol), lots of 'smoke' and holds its charge! VIP also offer different amounts of nicotine levels - so if you want, you can opt for zero nicotine.... Hope this helps! :) good luck! X

Thanks for all the replies folks :-D i'm not quite ready to stop at the moment (had a lot of bad stuff happening in the last few months) but I do have really good will power I think the e cigs are a good starting point for me just now, so are the above mentioned e cigs the same size as a normal king size? Just my mum got one and its a beast! Lol defo need a small one ;-) well I dunno ruth depends if they are hot :-D lol x

My mum was smoking from 12 and at 50 she wanted to stop so i found her barlites and shes been on those for 2 years now. Its better health and money wise but i dont ever think shell be off of everything as she was so hooked. She was taking 30 a day and now gets through one electronic filter a week. From experience i would urge you to try and get ones that dont have seperate atomisers, because at the moment my mums gone through 4 a year and there £8 each. Ontop of filters and the occassional replacement battery part, it can be expensive. They do some that have a new atomiser built in with the filters so you dont have to spend out on it yourself and panic last minute to get a replacement.

Having read this thread I'm off to order one!

Thanks Penny! I'm currently reading reviews and now looking for a small, fruity flavoured non seperate atomizer lol Sky Cig seems to look the part but really bad reviews so thats off the list lol xx

update on further investigation......lol I have gone for sky cig, I had pehaps come across a biast site and sky cig seems to be the uk no1 ! so ordered the starter pack anyone who is thinking of getting is use the code SUN at check out as it should have been £49.99 but with the discount code £11.99!!! £16 odd with delivery thanks money saving expert :D got some extra cherry ones too fingers crossed! xx

dont know what these link things are btw admin :o

Latest posts

Back