Does bleached hair need protein or hydration im confused??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nenee

Reaction score
Hi there

Im not a hairdresser, and have my hair highlighted with 6 % bleach and 5/7.7 colour, prior to this i had a lot of bleach and colour put threw and the ends are now fluffy so to speak.

Iv had two different advice from 2 seperate hair dressers,one hairdresser has treated with a nanomax(hydrating one) and im due to have another today, when i went to get a conditioner at my local hairdressers as a lot nearer and had forgot to get some when having the nanomax! , the other hairdresser said i should put protein into my bleached hair as bleach strips out the protein, but the other hairdresser says it needs moisture like a drink, and that protein can make it to brittle and it will snap more and that it needs a drink?? im soooooooooo confused:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

i know the bleach opens the cuticle and it never closes and it does strip away the keratin when bleached,so does it need protein or both?

im having another hydrating nanomax today but dont know whether to have the intensive(protein one) next time too, but scared it will make my hair more brittle and fluffy:irked:

help

cheers

nenee

Hi there

Im not a hairdresser, and have my hair highlighted with 6 % bleach and 5/7.7 colour, prior to this i had a lot of bleach and colour put threw and the ends are now fluffy so to speak.

Iv had two different advice from 2 seperate hair dressers,one hairdresser has treated with a nanomax(hydrating one) and im due to have another today, when i went to get a conditioner at my local hairdressers as a lot nearer and had forgot to get some when having the nanomax! , the other hairdresser said i should put protein into my bleached hair as bleach strips out the protein, but the other hairdresser says it needs moisture like a drink, and that protein can make it to brittle and it will snap more and that it needs a drink?? im soooooooooo confused:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

i know the bleach opens the cuticle and it never closes and it does strip away the keratin when bleached,so does it need protein or both?

im having another hydrating nanomax today but dont know whether to have the intensive(protein one) next time too, but scared it will make my hair more brittle and fluffy:irked:

help

cheers

nenee

Hi, If its brittle I would say get loads and loads of moisture in it ,
protien can help also , but both can only help only to a certain extent ,
hopefully that it may settle down for you ,

but if the hair is very bad and breaking ?
you may want to think about laying off the bleach or perhaps have restyle to get the condition back again

if you are thinking of buying some products from the salon for home use ask to see the bottles first before you buy them
so you can read the full information and instructions and see what it claims to do :hug:

I know you dont really want to hear this
but sometimes the only way for healthier hair if its really over processed
is to get it cut
or trimmed till the damaged parts are gone ,
:hug:

hi nenne how is your hair colour now did you get it sorted? happy new year

Hi ya

I did,in the end I went and had a darker colour put threw in wella its called 5/7.7 with the 6 % bleach, it went a lot darker but i got to the stage I had to, otherwise i would of ended up bald lol:lol:

I gave up trying to get the cool blonde with a darker brown as just kept ending up with brassy hair, hence the dry ends:irked: So im now getting it back into condition (hence the nanomax etc) and living with darker blonde hair as i Was spending a fortune and ending up with a full head of brassy blonde hair.

I think you have to realise if its not working then have to try something else, i just dont think my hair can go a cool blonde:rolleyes:

happy new year hun

nenee

Latest posts

Back