Does Minx have an odour?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailstarlet

Reaction score
Hi all, I am thinking of purchasing Minx and was wondering if it has an odour at all, like nail varnishes? I know it probably sounds like a silly question but I suffer with horrendous Sinusitus when i use products with strong odours. Also I am in the process of registering with sweet squared, i know they wont give out prices before registration, are minx products expensive, what is the profit margin like? Thanks x

Hi hun,

There is no odour at all with Minx, it is not at all like nail varnish, it kind of like a transfer (the best way i can describe it) so it doesn't need painting on just being heated up and then you stick it to the nail.

I don't think they are that expensive for the profit you can make out of them. Depending on where you live you can charge between £20-£30 and considering they take no more than 30mins to do, i would say it's an excellent profit!!

HTH's

xxx

They don't give off an odour hun so you will be fine there. I make about £20 per set xxx

Thank you both that is great. What are they like to apply, does it take a while to get the hang of applying them?

They are so easy hun, really, i'm not just saying that. I would say don't do your first ones with the silver though as I find them a little bit harder. Have a look in my album, I did them on myself xxx

Minx is quick and easy to learn, but as with all things, some practice is advised:green:

Exceptionally popular - we are doing 1 or 2 sets of Minx toes on quiet days and 6 or so on busy days. It is addictive for clients and they don 't want to wait the 4 -6 weeks for them to grow out before they try another design:lol:

It is profitable, £30 for Minx toes is reasonable (takes 30 plus minutes) and when you become adept at customising your application you will find it very profitable indeed.

HTH

Minx is quick and easy to learn, but as with all things, some practice is advised:green:

Exceptionally popular - we are doing 1 or 2 sets of Minx toes on quiet days and 6 or so on busy days. It is addictive for clients and they don 't want to wait the 4 -6 weeks for them to grow out before they try another design:lol:

It is profitable, £30 for Minx toes is reasonable (takes 30 plus minutes) and when you become adept at customising your application you will find it very profitable indeed.

HTH

Hmmmm, I definitely need to rethink my prices for minx Fiona, especially with the client like I had today that has the widest toenails ever and I had to "copy and paste" :lol: Then she asked how much and I told her and she said,"Still?" :eek:

Fi, can anyone else do them in your area cheaper? better? with your level of customer service? I don't think so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Prices up, never down, you are offering a bespoke, customised, master-level service and they can't get that easily, especially in your neck of the woods, eh?:hug:

Fi, can anyone else do them in your area cheaper? better? with your level of customer service? I don't think so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Prices up, never down, you are offering a bespoke, customised, master-level service and they can't get that easily, especially in your neck of the woods, eh?:hug:

Right that's it! (said in my best Debs voice:lol:) prices are going up! The master level is a whole other thread re prices! Thanks Fiona :hug::hug:

Hmmmm, I definitely need to rethink my prices for minx Fiona, especially with the client like I had today that has the widest toenails ever and I had to "copy and paste" :lol: Then she asked how much and I told her and she said,"Still?" :eek:

How do you "copy and paste", I did mine the other day and my big toe is also a little wider than the widest minx, also when i wore my dolly shoes it gathered slightly where my toe nail had rubbed the inside of the shoe.

How do you "copy and paste", I did mine the other day and my big toe is also a little wider than the widest minx, also when i wore my dolly shoes it gathered slightly where my toe nail had rubbed the inside of the shoe.

It depends on the pattern you used hun, today I used the cheetah and just cut extra strips and matched them up, they fall into line no problem and you could not tell. I done an extra strip down either side of the big toe.

Also make sure you have filed north to south to get that great finish and you should be able to wear any kind of shoe.

hth:hug:

Thank you both that is great. What are they like to apply, does it take a while to get the hang of applying them?

WOW!!! After such great comments on here I decided to get some Minx, Best thing i have done in ages, it came today and within an hour i had Minxed myself :lol: they are fab, not long after i did a friends, :eek: they were really hard to do as she has really odd shaped toenails and they grow upwards at the free edge, they took me ages but i managed to do them!! :) Hopefully now after doing hers i can manage any size/shape toenail around!!!! Anyway after going to school to pick the little ones up i have got 3 bookings already!!!! WOOHOOO!! i think the person who invented these is absoultly fabulous and i wish i could give them a big kiss, I have got some passion back for doing my job, which i had lost for quite a while, i am now re inventing my leaflets as we speak and pushing myself to knuckle down again!!! I love MINX:lol:!!!!!

Minx are fab, but like anything, they are not suitable for every nail shape and ski jump nails is one of those shapes. There are certain nail shapes that I will not do with Minx because I know they will not look good and will not wear well.

There are certain people whose nails I will not enhance for the same reasons .... usually because whatever I did I would not improve the look.

Fortunately these instances in both cases are rare but my advice is not to do weird or misshapen nails or excessively ridged nails with Minx.

hiya, I is there a training day for minx with CND or do you just order the minx and it comes with instructions?xx

hiya, I is there a training day for minx with CND or do you just order the minx and it comes with instructions?xx

You can see a free video on the application of Minx at: www.minxnails.com/training.asp

You can also arrange training 121

Instructions are also here on the site but Minx do come with instructions.

I never saw more than the video and started Minxing immediately. I'm a nail technician :green:.. something as easy as Minx is easy to learn and the more you do also the more you learn as you go along just like anything else.

You know, It really makes me chuckle ... so many object to the idea of being forced to do a conversion class to use a product .. where it only makes sense to learn how a different product works and the best way to use it. And then, when you say, "NO you don't need a class to learn to do something as simple as minx!!" And everyone wants one!! Go figure.

Thanks ill check that out!!! I want to order it now yippee!!!!xx

Latest posts

Back