Does your job ever get you down

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

funtimefranko

Reaction score
I love my job as stylist but sometimes things really get me down (not gonna lie mainly clients) i had a complaint that i had to fix, said lady said she "had a big chunk missing out of the side of her head" been beating myself up for days.... she comes in its just a grown out fringe?!!!! Aarghhh.... but now my confidence is all crappy. Sometimes i wish i worked in a dark room allll by.myself lol. (I love my job really honest!) Lol... not sure there's much point to this just a bit of a moan really x

I know the feeling.
When a client leaves, even if they're happy, and if I'm not 100% happy I wonder whether I should be doing this job.

Then I get such beautiful clients, I realise how lucky I am to be part of a fantastic industry.

I know the feeling.
When a client leaves, even if they're happy, and if I'm not 100% happy I wonder whether I should be doing this job.

Then I get such beautiful clients, I realise how lucky I am to be part of a fantastic industry.

Oops! Accident. Yeah i get.like that... when i get someone lovely in it makes me.really.happy to be doing what im doing... then silly things like this happen. Just stresses me out

I love my job as stylist but sometimes things really get me down (not gonna lie mainly clients) i had a complaint that i had to fix, said lady said she "had a big chunk missing out of the side of her head" been beating myself up for days.... she comes in its just a grown out fringe?!!!! Aarghhh.... but now my confidence is all crappy. Sometimes i wish i worked in a dark room allll by.myself lol. (I love my job really honest!) Lol... not sure there's much point to this just a bit of a moan really x

You should try not take things too bad when and if you make a mistake because we are human we all make mistakes no matter how good we are or how long we have been in the industry. You just need to learn from your mistake try and rectify it if you can and just move on, you'll always going to have difficult clients so you just need to learn to deal with it better otherwise it will just bring you down. Think about all the clients that leave happy rather than the odd few that don't.

You should try not take things too bad when and if you make a mistake because we are human we all make mistakes no matter how good we are or how long we have been in the industry. You just need to learn from your mistake try and rectify it if you can and just move on, you'll always going to have difficult clients so you just need to learn to deal with it better otherwise it will just bring you down. Think about all the clients that leave happy rather than the odd few that don't.
Thats the thing.... it was a mistake.... the "chunk" she was referring to and blaming me for was just an outgrown fringe. Just really bothered me because i had been annoyed at myself for days

Honestly I always feel same. I drum into my head all the time 'mistakes make you better' a month ago I dropped some tint on my chair without knowing my client was leaning forward in the chair in the process and when I was finishing she lent back and then rang up the next day with a huge orange blob on her white blouse! I was gutted and felt sooo bad.

Sometimes we have days or even weeks where we feel down, and when a client is particular nasty/difficult that only makes us feel worse. Think of all your lovely clients that return for YOU and your wonderful work. Something I always remind myself is that when you get a new client they're coming for the service, when they return they're coming back because of YOU. Always deal with a difficult client by 'killing them with kindness', and if it makes you feel better laugh it off with a co worker!

Latest posts

Back