Doing your own acrylic/gel nails...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poeticnails

Reaction score
Hey everybody, I was wondering if there's anyone here that has done it before or can tell me how do Nail Technician do their own acrylic/gel nails? :confused: ...and if you know of any site that shows a video tutorial on how to do your own nails. Thank you so much!

Hiya ... trust me...its not as easy as it looks....:lol:....best stick to the professionals chick x

There's plenty of tutorials on here about all aspects of nails, and more or less all of us that offer nails services to clients do our own nails too. It becomes fairly easy after lots of training and practise.

Are you a trained nail tech?

I have come to HATE doing my own nails. It's so much easier on someone else. It does come with practise, but it's not enjoyable, for me anyway.....

Thank you for your responds, I appreciate it a lot. I've been a 2 yr graduate student of Cosmetology, but I focused more on the nail technician field :) for the past 6 months - practicing on my own and doing it on other people.However, I just wanted to know how other nail techs do their own nails cause I just don't seem to dare to do my own yet! :lol:

Thank you for your responds, I appreciate it a lot. I've been a 2 yr graduate student of Cosmetology, but I focused more on the nail technician field :) for the past 6 months - practicing on my own and doing it on other people.However, I just wanted to know how other nail techs do their own nails cause I just don't seem to dare to do my own yet! :lol:

Does not compute ......

But saying that, you are your best experiment, then you know how much (or how little it hurts). Doesn't your course teach you how to do it.
Perhaps you should do a course on nails if you are that interested.

I have alway's done my own nails I am right handed so when I do my right hand I am a bit slower but you just get use to it, also as all other geeks will tell you your own enhancements are your advertisement.

ahhh sorry i presumed you hadn't done any training as your profile doesnt say....yes nail techs do generally tend to do there own nails...i just wouldn't advise that untrained Joe Bloggs attempt to do there own nails. x

i have always done my own nails since i passed.....i have never had anyone do my nails...i am right handed so my left hand always look better(i think)....xx

I always do my own nails, even if you dont have time to do a full set on your own nails just paint them - maybe add some nail art, its good for advertising! :) It is hard to do your own enhancements but you will get better with practice!

Latest posts

Back