Doing your own nails?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hate doing mine too but love doing left hand . Wish sm1 can do only my right hand Anyone .....

I have Shellac on mine because of the time issue and I love to do my own... I couldn't let someone else do them...my only problem is choosing what to do on them!! Spoilt for choice!!! Last night I went for Dark Dahlia and Periwinkle Twinkle Additive... Super sparkly!!!View attachment 46886

Stunning!

Nice photos ladies.

I like to do my own nails as I can try different colour combos and a bit of nail art as long as it's not freehand painting as I can't do it perfect for my right hand.
BUT... I can't say I enjoy doing my own nails. As I want to enjoy what my clients enjoy - nice and relaxing time and conversation, hand massage and feeling of being pampered.
I would love to do a swap service with another Shellac nail tech ideally.

Wish I could do a local swap. I have to do mine tonight and I've enjoyed doing nails today with nail art but I am not going to enjoy doing my own as I always want art but can't do my right hand.

I do my own acrylics and gels it takes hours! I would love to do a swap trust me as I love having my nails done!

I'm doing mine as typing this.... Hand in lamp as I'm doing new sculpts and then Shellac, takes ages left hand done now doing right..... Putting forms on my right hand is murder lol

I'm doing mine as typing this.... Hand in lamp as I'm doing new sculpts and then Shellac, takes ages left hand done now doing right..... Putting forms on my right hand is murder lol

It's so annoying isn't it- but I see it as good practice I suppose

I hate forms....

It's just time consuming plus trialling new hard gel.... Tho it's lovely to work with

Nearly finished sculpts on right hand thankfully

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 270
I hate forms....

It's just time consuming plus trialling new hard gel.... Tho it's lovely to work with

Nearly finished sculpts on right hand thankfully

Looking good! I've removed all mine for now I've decided to try grow my nails really long using shellac- except I don't own any shellac loooool and I don't trust any salons on my nails plus I refuse to pay when I can do it myself!

I can't wait to be working in a salon for times such as this..,...

I swear I am going to go and get my acrylics done somewhere else. I cannot do it on myself :( I'm fed up of not being able to post pics of my nails, because they're so short and nothing looks good IMO. I soaked off and re-gelished my left hand at about 6 this morning, I haven't been able to start my right yet...xx

Sent from my BatPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

I swear I am going to go and get my acrylics done somewhere else. I cannot do it on myself :( I'm fed up of not being able to post pics of my nails, because they're so short and nothing looks good IMO. I soaked off and re-gelished my left hand at about 6 this morning, I haven't been able to start my right yet...xx

But will you trust anywhere?

I did have my own nails grown with shellac just cut them off as won't give my clients products unless trailed on myself first.

And I'm nearly finished, hubby is watchin footy so I'm fine playing lol

But will you trust anywhere?

More than I trust myself to do a good job ON myself!

I did have my own nails grown with shellac just cut them off as won't give my clients products unless trailed on myself first.

And I'm nearly finished, hubby is watchin footy so I'm fine playing lol

Me too! I always like to try everything on myself first! That way I know how long it lasts!
I love long nails though so I will try to keep mine once I finally buy my shellac and do brings me back training!

Didn't your dual forms come yet?? I don't know where I would be without mine when I want acrylics. Am thinking about soaking off tho and having short nude nails this week....can never decide!

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1383431588.692836.jpg
Here's mine, not perfect but you will get the hang ov it xxxx

They did and I did my left hand beautifully. But my left hand doing any of the work? Noooo. My left hand behaves like a toddler with a paint brush...ie carnage :/ xx

They did and I did my left hand beautifully. But my left hand doing any of the work? Noooo. My left hand behaves like a toddler with a paint brush...ie carnage :/ xx

I love your honesty! Lol

I had terrible trouble even applying polish to my right hand a while ago but I picked up a tip - instead of having your fingers pointing away from you, try turning your hand so that your fingers are pointing towards your left hand (thumb nearest you) and see if that helps. Maybe u do this already but I found it made a huge difference to me 😃

Hear hear! Maybe we should set up a nail geeks swap shop!

R x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

A multicoloured glittery swapshop would be amazing..... :0)

Sent from my HTC Desire X using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back