Doing your own nails?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TPB

Reaction score
Find it hard to pick a design?
Hate how it takes longer?

Or is it just me who struggles haha.
I want to apply acrylic and change the top coat when ever i can, as i wear acrylic's better. If i apply gel polish or some simple gel over my nails, i find i do start to pick at it, which is a big no no. Argh..

HELPPP :sad:

I'm the same! I wish my nails were longer but I don't do nail extensions. It takes me ages to grow mine, and the longer they are, the better the design!

Me, too! For a while now, I've not bothered with coloured/glitter powders and plumped for just a polish over the top of my rebalances with some nail art. Easier to change when you get fed up with what you've got!

Oh thanks goodness you've said this, I thought it was just me! Haha

A client said I hated doing my own nails because I had no one to talk too lol that's probably right as I find it so dull and it takes so long as well.

Karaxxx

I so wish i could find someone qualified who would do mine & i'd do theirs, it save so much time haha.. I really need mine done, it bothers me so much, they have chipped polish and one hand is silver the other is red (I was playing with konard stamps :) ) And now i can't be bothered to get the lamp or acrylic out to do a lovely pattern on them.. Argh!!! To top it off, even my toes are terrible and plain :( they usually have glitter or something plain to cover them, but nope, nothing :sad:

Anyone want to drive over and do me the honor :)

Oh, me too, me too! I hate having poorly maintained nails as I think its a shame when you are a nail tech to have unkempt nails. On the other hand, it takes FOREVER to do my own, most of the time my dominant hand doesn't look too good and I don't feel pampered!

I always do my own, I love it!!!!

I hate how I can never do mine to the same quality as I do my clients! I want flawless nails too! Lol

Practice makes perfect I guess, but I would love to get my nails done so I can sit back and relax :)

I love doing mine. It takes ages but it means I've always got a willing model to have whatever art I want to try, photograph and then promote :)

I do have to be in the mood for it though :)

Hear hear! Maybe we should set up a nail geeks swap shop!

R x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Haha I did mine last night, after glueing on the tips I started grizzling at myself it was 10pm, anyhow I got lovely acrylic nails which won't come off for weeks now, thank god haha! Just need my toes doing next -_- haha

I always have Shellac on my nails so depending on the design it doesn't take me too long x

I am the opposite to most of you, there are so many inspiring nail pics out there that I cannot wait to re do mine and have to stop myself from doing it more often than needed lol x

I luv doing mine but hate it when i can't pick a design

Just spent the last hour doing mine, so nice to have them tidy again but like others I soon get fed up! ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1383343310.303553.jpg

They're lovely I did mine tonight And they don't look no where near as good they took me 2 hours, getting up and down to the kids didn't help! I actually hate doing my own as they take so long :-( xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I hate doing my own nails.. But, I'm thee nightmare client! So fussy I've actually taken my nails off when someone else has done them... No pleasing some people 😳 I freehand all my nail art so I could easily spend 2 hours!

I have the lovely french look too but with shellac on natural nails x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1383351873389.jpg
    1383351873389.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 447
I hate doing ny nails because the nail art always turns out rubbish. This is mine at the moment

1383374552695.jpg

1383374565861.jpg

I have Shellac on mine because of the time issue and I love to do my own... I couldn't let someone else do them...my only problem is choosing what to do on them!! Spoilt for choice!!! Last night I went for Dark Dahlia and Periwinkle Twinkle Additive... Super sparkly!!!ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1383379897.943136.jpg

I love doing mine but I only go with Shellac now.... Gone are the days of L&P, etc on my own as I hated the upkeep and its so important to have well presented nails.... I'm a walking advert for my business...
I find it best to go simple on your own nails, make them look perfect.... I use the nail swatches to show off nail art, etc...
At the moment I have Wild Fire with red glitter rock star nails and the clients are lining up with bookings for Christmas.....

Attachments

• 1383381149600.jpg
    1383381149600.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 367
  • 1383381175664.jpg
    1383381175664.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 343

Latest posts

Back