Donating hair to The Little Princess Trust

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lucyboo

Reaction score
A week today my 9byr old is having her hair cut off & is donating it to the little princess trust. I know I'll cry but I could not be more proud of her x

This is her hair now
Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1383905081351.jpg
    1383905081351.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 300
Wow, good for her. Will you show an after pic?

Talk about inspiring x

I've known 2 people to do this recently, a young girl and a friend my age, I think it's a lovely thing to do! My hair is fairly long and I want to keep it long for my wedding in January, but thinking afterwards I may have it all chopped off and donate the hair too :) xx

My 9 year old daughter did this in September, we sent off 14 inches. Such a great thing for them to do. I imagine you're as proud as I was x my daughter has a just giving page for them too and has also raised just over £300 for them x

Oh I'm thinking of shaving my head next year for a charity, I could then donate it after 2 charities in 1 go.

My daughters growing her hair to do this too, got a few more months to wait yet.
It came about one day she was getting stressed with barbies hair saying its not proper hair and gets very tuggy
I was telling her some girls are poorly and wear wigs and it's like barbie hair and difficult to style but people can donate their hair to make lovely wigs for the poorly kids that was that she decided to grow her hair,

She will be 7 this month

She's been wanting to do it since watching children in need last year.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek mobile app

My five year old had her hair cut off the other day (see photos!) and I have the hair in a pony tail cos I didn't want it just to be binned but didn't know what to do with it! This is a good idea - do we just send it off?!
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1383993651.666880.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1383993671.695606.jpg

I done this back in sept ;)

I had about 13/14 inches cut off, and had it cut even shorter since. xx

Leely x

My 5 year old daughter had her hair cut today and is going to send it to them, so proud of her!ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1388683355.298385.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1388683381.616972.jpg

After reading all the info on this I realised the hair is sent to China and then the factory in china sends other hair back,
I'm going to phone them and get more info

Anyone got more details on this?

So proud of my daughter Isabella. After months of refusing to get her cut, even rejecting a monetry bribe from my Mum, she finally relented after I mentioned about hair donation.

I read about it on here & mentioned it as an option. After thinking about it, Isabella was happy to go ahead & have masses of hair cut off.

She's only 8 but what a lovely thing to do :)

Attachments

• Isabella hair cut.jpg
    Isabella hair cut.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 350
I'm shaving my head and donating the hair to little princess trust this month. Was brave when i decided to but scared now. Yes the hair us sent to China and the wig sent back may not be your hair but the trust still need hair donated ti get wigs back. X

Sent from my ST23i using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm shaving my head and donating the hair to little princess trust this month. Was brave when i decided to but scared now. Yes the hair us sent to China and the wig sent back may not be your hair but the trust still need hair donated ti get wigs back. X

So where does the hair go in china?
What hair is used for wigs and how do they get that hair?

So where does the hair go in china?
What hair is used for wigs and how do they get that hair?

It all goes to the wig factory they make wigs, sone are sold some are donated back to the princess trust. All the hair becomes wigs, there is just no way of knowing what wig your hair ends up in? Could be some rich celeb who bought a wig or could be little princess trust. Whats important is they need to send hair to get wigs back.

I shall be cutting all of this (a minimum of 17") off in a weeks time (7th June) to be sent off to the Little Princess Trust.

I have been doing daily reminders on my Facebook profile as well as the group I set up specifically for my fundraiser. I'm halfway to my target figure so I'm really happy.

A little girl near me is undergoing 10 weeks of chemo (currently in week 3 of chemo) before she has to have her kneecap & tibia replaced with metal ones & then when she's recovered enough from that, she has a further 24 weeks of chemo to go through. She's the reason I finally set the date to get my hair cut. The only time she cried when being told her diagnosis was that she would lose her hair. The Little Princess Trust have been amazingly supportive to her & her family.

Having seen how cancer treatment has affected the adults I know who fought & survived or fought & lost their battles against cancer - the idea of a child going through that rips my heart out!

I won't post the link to my justgiving page, but if anyone would like to donate, please pm me.

10402943_10152036241907161_5197280789817311645_n.jpg

Latest posts

Back