Don't know what to do anymore...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks ditzy!!

I've been trained with both EzFlow and CND products. I have had lots of problems with EzFlow and lifting, and virtually none with CND. HOWEVER I'm definitely not saying one is better than the other, I'm saying I personally work better with CND. I know of other people who are the other way round!

Also, the mix ratio is very different between the two products. In my EzFlow training I was told the ball needed to look shiny, and hardly wipe the brush on the side of the container IYKWIM, but with CND I was told to wipe 3 times, and the CND ball looks like a snowball, with a sort of dimpled effect on the surface, CND you work much drier.

As for the air bubbles, another thing is when I did EzFlow training I was told to walk the brush through the powder, kind of side to side, but when I did the CND training I told the educator about that and she said that would cause bubbles, she said to draw the brush smoothly through the powder!

If I were you I'd call either company regarding the issues you are having, they will tell you the best way to overcome the problems with their specific products.

HTH:hug:

Thanks for the help bob! I´m aware i don´t have the hang of ezflow yet and that all the probs are due to myself which makes me wonder to stick with cnd at least for my salon work and i can still use ezflow for my nail art and for competitions i guess.
Where do you find that date of manufacturer? and which school did you bought from?

Hej Mieke,
If you send me an email, I'll let you know the name of the school. I don't feel comfortable to make this public - they may have been sold old stock and didn't notice or may have known about it, no way of knowing for sure. Email: [email protected]

When Iryna first moved here she couldn't get her usual brand (Star Nails), so did a short cross over training with CND to use Brisa gel and started using on her friends (in those days she didn't have customers anyway, but wanted to keep practising).

Exactly after the 2nd correction (3 months from new nails) her friends nails started to lift, as did hers. We never got good answers from the supplier who sold the product - so she started using a brand she had used before Star Nails. These days she uses several brands though - no problems with any of these. With acrylic she uses EZ Flow and a few other manufacturers - most of that choice is colour driven ;-)

Last edited:
I was trained with a brand that wasn´t all to high in standard so to speak and did a conversion with creative quite a while ago.

Recently i converted to ezflow since i was planning on starting to compete and since i thought it was really easy to work with ezflow aswell i really wanted to give it a go. with creative i always get some tiny bubbels on one of the 10 nails. Now i have customers comming back with breakages, small bits of lifting here and there... things that i never had before.

You may be working too wet with your product.

i know that it is probably up to me, dont know if it is the mix ratio or whatever, i´m completely lost. the educator lives in stockholm which is 5 hours driving one way and i feel like giving up on it even though i just bought quite a lot of stuff.

Can you not speak to her on the telephone?

Due to all the problems i just want to give up and work with cnd again but then i feel like a quiter since so many work with ezflow and like it so i know i am doing something wrong. i need some guidance since i am really stuck on what to do. is ezflow a weaker product then cnd´s retention+??? or is it because my mix ratio is off?? i think i am picking up propper beads... :cry:

No product is weaker hun..it sounds like you just need to get used to the product you are working with and practice picking up beads and getting your ratio just right.
Good luck x
There's plenty of EzFlow educators on here to offer you advice.

No product is weaker hun..it sounds like you just need to get used to the product you are working with and practice picking up beads and getting your ratio just right.
Good luck x
There's plenty of EzFlow educators on here to offer you advice.

Thx for the input judy. i did call her and she did her best to explain as much as she could but i think she needs to see what i am actually doing in order to help me out. if i had a camera i would film what the heck i am all doing lol :green:

Well well peeps it seems that there is hope for me after all :lol:
I took geegs advice to work with moxie since she assumes i work to fast with retention+ and tadaaaaa... no more irritating bubbels.
I feel such a relief, thinking that it was something so small and simple that made the difference. Incase anyone later does a search and stumbels on this thread... i´m telling ya...m-o-x-i-e...try it...its good

Glad you've had success! Another thing to help with bubbles is not to drag or move your brush through the powder at all. Just dip it in and let the liquid attract the powder to the brush.
With the Ezflow, maybe it is the dry prep which is causing your lifting issues, as maybe the way you are doing the dry prep isn't as thorough as you normally do. xx

Gald you've got it sorted now :hug:

I don't know where this idea that dry prep isn't as good or effective as any other thorough method...this is the second time i've read along these lines in a matter of weeks.
I do dry prep with no problems.
:hug:

Latest posts

Back