Don't know what to do anymore...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mieke

Reaction score
I was trained with a brand that wasn´t all to high in standard so to speak and did a conversion with creative quite a while ago. Recently i converted to ezflow since i was planning on starting to compete and since i thought it was really easy to work with ezflow aswell i really wanted to give it a go. with creative i always get some tiny bubbels on one of the 10 nails. Now i have customers comming back with breakages, small bits of lifting here and there... things that i never had before. i know that it is probably up to me, dont know if it is the mix ratio or whatever, i´m completely lost. the educator lives in stockholm which is 5 hours driving one way and i feel like giving up on it even though i just bought quite a lot of stuff. Due to all the problems i just want to give up and work with cnd again but then i feel like a quiter since so many work with ezflow and like it so i know i am doing something wrong. i need some guidance since i am really stuck on what to do. is ezflow a weaker product then cnd´s retention+??? or is it because my mix ratio is off?? i think i am picking up propper beads... :cry:

I was trained with a brand that wasn´t all to high in standard so to speak and did a conversion with creative quite a while ago. Recently i converted to ezflow since i was planning on starting to compete and since i thought it was really easy to work with ezflow aswell i really wanted to give it a go. with creative i always get some tiny bubbels on one of the 10 nails. Now i have customers comming back with breakages, small bits of lifting here and there... things that i never had before. i know that it is probably up to me, dont know if it is the mix ratio or whatever, i´m completely lost. the educator lives in stockholm which is 5 hours driving one way and i feel like giving up on it even though i just bought quite a lot of stuff. Due to all the problems i just want to give up and work with cnd again but then i feel like a quiter since so many work with ezflow and like it so i know i am doing something wrong. i need some guidance since i am really stuck on what to do. is ezflow a weaker product then cnd´s retention+??? or is it because my mix ratio is off?? i think i am picking up propper beads... :cry:
hi sorry i cant help much all i can say is i get bubbles when i play with bead too much i have to really restrain myself i mess about with it rather than let it settle then dont over pat an press etc give it a try xxx:hug:

sorry meant to add i now use radical its so good xx

sorry meant to add i now use radical its so good xx

Thx ;) my bubbels are often allready in my beads when i pick them up. even though they aren´t to dry or to wet. sometimes i am wondering if it is dust instead of bubbels that fell in my jar of pink :rolleyes: Anyhow... thanks for trying to help out hun

If it helps when i did my conversion the instructor did my nail and left tiny air bubbles in it.

And it goes without saying she is a master and right "up there" in terms of CND. If she can have an off day so can you!!

Apparently its more prone to happen if you dont press down hard enough on application to expell any air.

Just keep going mate sounds like you know what you are doing. im sure it'll right itself.

Hi, Im sure that I read somewhere, if you push your brush all the way in the liquid and gently move it (im not very good at explaining!lol) that should get rid of any air bubbles trapped in your brush xx

That's true - about pushing your brush to the bottom of the liquid to expell bubbles!

If it helps when i did my conversion the instructor did my nail and left tiny air bubbles in it.

And it goes without saying she is a master and right "up there" in terms of CND. If she can have an off day so can you!!

Apparently its more prone to happen if you dont press down hard enough on application to expell any air.

Just keep going mate sounds like you know what you are doing. im sure it'll right itself.

I had the same happening when i asked them to show me since i always have some bubbels somewhere. when she did one and explained everything that has been mentioned here on the website aswell i could spot a few in her nails aswell. After a while i just gave up on it to be honoust. and then it becomes tempting to try another brand where it almoste seems impossible for me to get bubbels with. i love everything else about creative but feel it is time to try something else. i am just worried that ezflow isn´t as though in strength. the lifting is my fault due to improper mix ratio i guess. I think i need to get it of my chest on the salongeek since i have been struggeling and worrying about it for a while now :hug: thx for listening and sharing advice, it really feels good

That's true - about pushing your brush to the bottom of the liquid to expell bubbles!

I do that very religously i can tell. i squeez that sucker clean off all airpockets trapped in there. but thx for mentioning

Oh what a dilemma for you :hug:
For what it's worth here's what I think ( and I'm not getting into all that brand thing :lol:) BOTH brands mentiond are high quality.

I have tried both brands you mentioned, 1 that I have done courses with and the other I havn't ( the 1 I havn't trained with was a sample).
I've experienced problems with both BUT I have have also had good results with both in terms of longevity of the nails and ease of use.
I'm going to do a conversion with the sample brand, not because I have gone off the other or had problems with it but simply because I like certain elements of that brand and more importantly easier access to training.

(Ok get to the point Del :lol:)
I suppose what I'm trying to say is, sometimes, aswell as choosing a brand you enjoy working with and get good results, you have to consider ease and access to further training and ongoing support to help make it work even better for you.

You are not a failure simply because you have found that 1 brand does not cover your needs...you might have to use 1 brand for 1 aspect of your working life and the other for something else.
Even though I'm converting to be able to use another brand it does not mean I'll be throwing the other away and never use it again I still love a lot of things about it.

As for the air bubbles, it's allready been said :lol: make sure you burp your brush well...that is the main problem I had when I tried CND for the 1st time.

HTH,made sence and it wasn't too long winded for you :lol:
:hug:

You are such a sweethart :green:
Oh what a dilemma for you :hug:
For what it's worth here's what I think ( and I'm not getting into all that brand thing :lol:) BOTH brands mentiond are high quality.

I have tried both brands you mentioned, 1 that I have done courses with and the other I havn't ( the 1 I havn't trained with was a sample).
I've experienced problems with both BUT I have have also had good results with both in terms of longevity of the nails and ease of use.
I'm going to do a conversion with the sample brand, not because I have gone off the other or had problems with it but simply because I like certain elements of that brand and more importantly easier access to training.
Ditto, i won´t stop using the other brand since i like it very much. customers are happy with it so no probs * i am the only one who spots the bubbels lol* i have the problem that it is hard for me to get support with ezflow. i dont know any nailtech in the area that uses it either.

(Ok get to the point Del :lol:)
I suppose what I'm trying to say is, sometimes, aswell as choosing a brand you enjoy working with and get good results, you have to consider ease and access to further training and ongoing support to help make it work even better for you.

You are not a failure simply because you have found that 1 brand does not cover your needs...you might have to use 1 brand for 1 aspect of your working life and the other for something else.
Even though I'm converting to be able to use another brand it does not mean I'll be throwing the other away and never use it again I still love a lot of things about it.

As for the air bubbles, it's allready been said :lol: make sure you burp your brush well...that is the main problem I had when I tried CND for the 1st time.

HTH,made sence and it wasn't too long winded for you :lol:
:hug:
Not at all, instead i want to thank you for sharing your view on my little problematic situation. it is not so huge but hate it when things don´t go the way i forsaw. just get a grumpy because of that lol :hug:

Perhaps you should have another class with either Ezflow or CND educator. If you have problems with a product, you should try and iron them out before moving on to another product. Bubbles are often caused by incorrect mix ratio (I know from experience).

Try not to beat yourself up too much. Take a deep breath, enjoy the weekend and have a chat next week with an educator from each brand and then decide where to go from here.

Advanced classes can make all the difference in the world and it could well be something very very simple that you are/are not doing that can make all the difference x:hug:

I remember ages ago ( like few years ago ) there was a tutorial how to get a perfect bead by Gigi, but I can't find the link. Maybe this could be posted again?

Thanks peeps,

I think i got quite some great pointers here. i will put them in practise and let you all know how it is working out.

big :hug: to everyone who took the time to help!!

I sometimes have trouble with air bubbles. think it must be something to do with ratio.
and you can get very confused when using alternative products. i found this when i was forced to use a inferior product due to college course. it confuses your ratio when you go back to your usual product.
that's what i found anyway.
thg:)

Hello Mieke,

I asked Iryna for some advice:

lifting is usually due to preparation, while cracks is probably wrong mix ratio - it should be not to wet and not to dry. It's hard for Iryna to describe how it looks. Also if you make small balls and these have slightly different ratio you can get a marble look effect and both problems (if I remember what she said exactly).

We will be in Göteborg on May 22 and she could show you, but I guess that's too long to wait. If you have a webcam, maybe she could show you that way. You are welcome to give her a call if you like.

One other thing - when you buy EZ Flow check the date of manufacturer. Iryna bought a coloured kit (not from the main distributor) and the monomer was so old it was like gel. However, the school that sold the monomer is quite new, so maybe they were sold old stock too.

I've been trained with both EzFlow and CND products. I have had lots of problems with EzFlow and lifting, and virtually none with CND. HOWEVER I'm definitely not saying one is better than the other, I'm saying I personally work better with CND. I know of other people who are the other way round!

Also, the mix ratio is very different between the two products. In my EzFlow training I was told the ball needed to look shiny, and hardly wipe the brush on the side of the container IYKWIM, but with CND I was told to wipe 3 times, and the CND ball looks like a snowball, with a sort of dimpled effect on the surface, CND you work much drier.

As for the air bubbles, another thing is when I did EzFlow training I was told to walk the brush through the powder, kind of side to side, but when I did the CND training I told the educator about that and she said that would cause bubbles, she said to draw the brush smoothly through the powder!

If I were you I'd call either company regarding the issues you are having, they will tell you the best way to overcome the problems with their specific products.

HTH:hug:

One other thing - when you buy EZ Flow check the date of manufacturer. Iryna bought a coloured kit (not from the main distributor) and the monomer was so old it was like gel. However, the school that sold the monomer is quite new, so maybe they were sold old stock too.

Thanks for the help bob! I´m aware i don´t have the hang of ezflow yet and that all the probs are due to myself which makes me wonder to stick with cnd at least for my salon work and i can still use ezflow for my nail art and for competitions i guess.
Where do you find that date of manufacturer? and which school did you bought from?

Latest posts

Back